Curry houses in Chorlton

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
scottie

Curry houses in Chorlton

Postby scottie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:12 am

Not a lot to choose from is there?

Princess of hearts is famously abysmal, Azad Manzil is average, Asian Fusian I went to twice when it first opened and it was poor

Coriander is pretty good but too far out

We need a good one in the centre or on Beech road, to match Burton road's excellent selection of Gurkas and Great Katmandu

annie

Postby annie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:16 am

Definitely better now.

scottie

Postby scottie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:36 am

PeteMakstar wrote:Asian Fusion is wicked, give it another try boss. May have been finding their feet when you went.

Found these reviews online.....might get some good recommendations from them......

Jason Carroll. Stretford 07/05/2007 Asian Fusion is a really great restaurant. I often take large parties here as the quality of the food and portion size is the best for miles around. ......... more

Jonathan 04/05/2007 Friendly staff and very polite! Food was delicious and lots of it, think of sharing if there are just the two of you.Reasonably priced, will be going ......... more

Lisa 30/03/2007 Asian Fusion is a lovely establishment and the food is fabulous. Highly reccomended...... more

Chorlton 24/03/2007 Absolutley Fantastic !! Food is gorgeous....you must all go !! ..... more

Donna Davyhulme 16/02/2007 Fab restaurant - the best chicken Shashlik I have ever tasted in my life and a huge portion !!..... more

Michael, Chorlton 28/12/2006 This is a fantastic restaurant, and offers great value for money. Very comfortable and relaxing decor, excellent and fresh assortment of food and ......... more

mark Krantz 16/12/2006 Best curries around. Clean tasting and not too oily. The menu is extensive and interseting. We have been dozens of times and still find new dishes too .........

will defo give it another go, cheers

unique-horn

Postby unique-horn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:50 am

I've been going to Asian Fusion since it opened and I've always found it a bit hit and miss. I have had some really great food from there, but a few times when I've been, the food has been so salty it's almost inedible. Like all restaurants, I suppose they have good days and bad days.

I've been to Coriander a few times. First time I went, the food was average, but they do seem to have improved things. Their curries are a lot less greasy too.

pauld

Postby pauld » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:58 am

Asian Fusion gets my vote.

flip

Postby flip » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:18 am

Asian Fusion was great the one time I've been. Fast too.

My fave Indian restaurant at the moment is the newest one in Sale though, opposite the town hall. Can't remember the name - has anyone been?

Fungus Mungus

Postby Fungus Mungus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:43 am

Great Kathmandu is sooooo good that I find it hard to go anywhere else because i end up disappointed.

I agree it would be great if there was somewhere really good in Chorlton - never been to asian fusion because it always looks too big and bright from the outside.

In defence of Princess of Hearts though... it seems to divide opinion... the (total lack of) atmosphere stops me eating in but I think the takeaways are really good.

Fungus Mungus

Postby Fungus Mungus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:43 am

Great Kathmandu is sooooo good that I find it hard to go anywhere else because i end up disappointed.

I agree it would be great if there was somewhere really good in Chorlton - never been to asian fusion because it always looks too big and bright from the outside.

In defence of Princess of Hearts though... it seems to divide opinion... the (total lack of) atmosphere stops me eating in but I think the takeaways are really good.

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:26 pm

masala lounge is the one opp the town hall in sale it is fantastic, i've been twice to asian fusion and both times were very good, i am going to azads soon (someone is insisting on going) so i will report back on that, i thought the princess of hearts was shut, is seemed to be this weekend anyway there is a note on the shutter door but i didn't cross the road to read it, i would always have said rusholme is your best bet till i started going to the one in sale - now thats the best one

Russ

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:10 pm

For a cheap lunchtime curry I love Cabbana in the Northern Quarter very good food but not a place to go out properly as plastic seats and no beer.

Akbars in Castlefield is my fave place for a proper curry.

A also like a Royce Special for a takeaway on Beech Road so very handy.

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 pm

Dubyas Best Curry Houses in Manchester:

Kushoom Kolly - Heaton Moore. Frequented by celebs, enjoyed by many - they do the best curry ever. They do "requests" (I always orfer Panner Jalfrezi - not on the menu - it's to die for) and always ask how you want it. Great service.

Azad Manzil - was average but really got it's act together when Asian Fusion moved in. Don't bother with the wine though. It's piss.

Asian Fusion - nice posh curry but not great value for money.

Corriander - he's a bit of a con man - saying his curry is healthy when it isn't that healthy.

Jai Katmandu - Northenden - sh1ts all over the Gurka Grill - top quality food, excellent service - a tru hidden jem. It doesn' get the same broadsheet publicity that GK does - GK is overrated - if you want Nepalese Curry go to Northended.

Akbars- not been but if it's half as good as the one in Bradford was 7 years ago - go.

Shimla Pinks - Call tat a you portion of rice? Bigger portions please you tight bastarts.

Mossley Tandoori - lovely basic curry. They stayed open late for me once - I expected a Tikka Masala with chilli chucked in but they cokked me a nice Jalfrezi from scratch.

Rusholme - all average. Avoid Shere Khan, it's sh1t.
Atheism ROCKS!

scottie

Postby scottie » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:23 pm

I always have the Makhan chara at Katmandu, it's amazing

Dilli in Altrincham is very good as well, a step up from your average curry house - it's quite posh

Also the Nawaab that used to be on rochdale road (near to the original Marble Arch) was good last time I went - though I think they moved

I find Rusholme curries mostly the same - not brilliant

annie

Postby annie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:15 am

Problemis this... you've just been out on the bevvy in Chorlton (and why not? It's a convivial place to do so...) and you want a curry...

Princess of Hearts is hit and miss, and the service sucks.

Asian Fusion is tops, but closes at midnight...booooo

Azad Manzil is fair-to-middlin' but stays open if you turn up with a group of hungry people. Service is top, as is the banter, even if the curry ISN'T quite gourmet (but still pretty damn good).

Had a top night there tonight.... sometimes, it's the atmosphere, not the 5-star food that you want...

scottie

Postby scottie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:52 am

annie wrote:Problemis this... you've just been out on the bevvy in Chorlton (and why not? It's a convivial place to do so...) and you want a curry...

Princess of Hearts is hit and miss, and the service sucks.

Asian Fusion is tops, but closes at midnight...booooo

Azad Manzil is fair-to-middlin' but stays open if you turn up with a group of hungry people. Service is top, as is the banter, even if the curry ISN'T quite gourmet (but still pretty damn good).

Had a top night there tonight.... sometimes, it's the atmosphere, not the 5-star food that you want...

totally agree, azads is ok for a late night drunken curry (and there's nowt wrong with that)

ArcticFox

Postby ArcticFox » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:18 am

Azads is good but not great... all in all a pleasant experience! Went through a bit of an Asian Fusion phase but started to find it quite heavy so don't really go any more...

Akbars is great quality food but the service is rather agressive!!!

Had a curry from Naisa on Burton Road last night - a Jalfrezi with a bit of a thai twist - not bad... the onion bhajis had to been seen to be believed! Huge things - possibly the best I've ever had! Expensive for a takeaway though...
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Return to “Discussions”