Chorlton Room 101

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Chorlton Room 101

Postby Steve Dubya » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:26 pm

I loved living in Chorlton for years but eventually had to leave - mainly due to house prices - but there are some aspects I don't miss.

Nowhere is perfect.

What 5 aspects / things in Chorlton would you put into room 101?

The fact that you can't turn right onto Barlow More Road from Wilbraham Road at the four banks anymore?

4x4 drivers doing a school run?

Maybe you think Chorlton is perfect and there's nothing you want to put in 101.
Atheism ROCKS!

jingle

Postby jingle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:46 pm

if you still lived in chorlton i'd put you in room 101. then i'd nail the door shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barlowmoorroadbhoy

Postby barlowmoorroadbhoy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:08 am

I'd put people who bang on about 4x4's on the school run into Room 101

There arnt even that many 4x4's around in the morning - not that I see anyway

annie

Postby annie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:31 am

See what happens Steve? You put something negative like that up as a topic, and you get messages like that... from people like that :roll:

The Wilbraham Road issue is one, for sure, as is the school run (4 x 4 or not)... but I think the prime candidate is the "Quality Bus Corridor", which has NOT made the buses run any faster, but HAS impeded all traffic going through Chorlton. Especially with those extended bus stops that come out into the road, and the re-siting of that bus stop to outside Max Spielman.

How to create congestion in threee easy steps. Tossers.

Russ

Postby Russ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:22 pm

I'd put the Royal Oak and the Sedge into 101

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:54 pm

i'd put Marmalade in, went in yesterday for a roast dinner, was the meanest sparsest dearest meal i've ever had, came away still hungry even after pudding, went to the chippy of the way home. you live and learn.

the loz

Postby the loz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:25 pm

I would put all the junk mail I get in to room 101. We seem to get more here than anywhere else Ive lived, Today I had 2 bundles pushed through the door by two different people and each bundle had about 5 sheets of paper in it!

Pete, Point number 4 on your list is horrible! what a nasty bloke!!! If I were you I'd boycott that place and get as many people as you can to do the same. TW#T!

Lynsey

Postby Lynsey » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 pm

I don't think I can muster 5 things but I find once you start to thing about questions like this you can end up ranting about the smallest things!
1) The ridiculous choice of veg, spices etc in unicorn which just serve to depress me about how unimaginative I am in the spam - sorry.
2) Bad street lighting which I'm sure probably contributes to the snail killing issue
3) Barrel tables in the bar - how can you sit at them nicely?
4) The bouncy castle man who speeds over the speed bumps outside my house with his noisy trailer
5) Chorlton names - I've never come across so many children with names like Oscar and Tobias.

Oh dear that was easier than I thought!

Deus

Postby Deus » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:53 pm

I'd put in:
+ quality bus corridor
+ litter on the streets
+ dog poo on the streets
+ meadows mini motorbikes
+ parking on the double yellow lines in the centre of Chorlton with "breakdown lights on"
deus does not exist

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 pm

1) Greedy landlords who own shed loads of property, take rent which is way above the mortgage and don't do any maintenance. Mayfair and GS Kouri for example.
2) Marmalade and 90% of its staff and customers.
3) Naff pretentious bar names (Mink, Revise with the R the wrong way round [why!?!?], and of course, Marmalade)
4) The Quality Bus Corridor. It's not quality - it's sh1t.
5) The Beech Road Festival (sorry beech road festival luvvies)

Thanks Jingle for your maturity and wisdom. You are a person who is a month ahead of his decade.
Atheism ROCKS!

jingle

Postby jingle » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:26 am

that's ok.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:15 am

Since when did Beech Road festival become a place for luvvies?!?!

A rather tatty row of stalls with a tug of war at one end, and some rockers on a stage at the other?

Oh yes, dead posh is that! ... cuh! :)

jingle

Postby jingle » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:08 am

come to think of it, i'd throw annie in there too. although she doesn't live in chorlton either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArcticFox

Postby ArcticFox » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:46 am

the loz wrote:Pete, Point number 4 on your list is horrible! what a nasty bloke!!! If I were you I'd boycott that place and get as many people as you can to do the same. TW#T!

Does he still work there? What a tosser... thankfully not representative of all Aussies (most of them make very good bar staff!).
I'd buy that for a dollar!

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:37 am

1- marmalade - as i already put, rip off sunday lunch, (i have eaten in the ivy recently and didn't feel this ripped off)

2 - bad street lights some roads look so dark its scary

3 - new comers to chorlton who think us olden's shouldn't be here and look down on manc accents

4 - people who park on the grass behind frost's butchers making the pavement muddy and dangerous by the bus stop

5 - que's to pay in quality save on a saturday

Return to “Discussions”