Chorlton Room 101

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:44 pm

perhaps the landlord and landlady currently at the beech should move to the feathers and take the rabble with them

johnnylovepump

Postby johnnylovepump » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:38 pm

PeteMakstar - I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like that idiot at the job centre. There's a young guy in there who is sometimes on the door and he's almost the complete opposite, so I know it isn't all the staff in there. It's just that when that idiot's on the door, it puts you in a really bad mood while you're in there.

The first time I went in there (after I'd gone into work and found out I'd been made redundant with the rest of my colleagues), I genuinely needed some advice so I walked in to the job centre, explained what had happened and instead of telling me what I needed to do, he just pointed to one of the phone booths and barked out the 4-digit extension number I needed to dial.

PiaggioBIX

Postby PiaggioBIX » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:24 pm

Has anyone been in that job centre and noticed a really strong smeel of stale urine? (no I'm not joking). Only been in there once but that was enough!

:?
10 quid for an onion? you tit!

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:51 pm

I'm going to replace my number 5 (Beech Rd Festival) with people who park on pavements. W@nkers. It's a nightmare on Witelow road.
I might make a load of cards saying - "polite notice - pavements are not for cars, parking on pavement may result in it being legally walked on. You have been warned."
Atheism ROCKS!

jingle

Postby jingle » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:49 pm

i agree parking on pavements is a big problem. specially for blind folk etc. but there's just soooo many cars. if people didn't park on the pavement the roads would grind to a halt.

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:09 am

The reason there are so many cars on the road is because so many people are lazy.

Where I work (a split site school), we share a car park with the local gym.
Customers of the gym take up car parking spaces which often makes teacher late for lessons when travelling between sites. That does not annoy me. What annoys me is that the majority of folk who use the gym live nearby and drive to the gym to run on a treadmill.

People drive everywhere when they could walk. The people who went to the Catholic Church on Whitelow Road really annoyed me - driving to church from Zetland road etc... and parking on the pavement - silly.

Rant over gnight!
Atheism ROCKS!

jingle

Postby jingle » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:02 am

that's not a rant, you're just stating facts. i agree people are just too lazy. what can we do? i know people have allsorts of opinions about the congestion charge but it will, at the end of the day, generate about £3billion (???) i firmly agree that that cash should go straight back into public transport. however, i also think the council/government need to to take cyclists more seriously. i think there's lots of folk out there willing to use their bikes. especially if proper cycle paths were provided.

we have a duty to influence our successors.....

Russ

Postby Russ » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:18 pm

Steve Dubya wrote:The reason there are so many cars on the road is because so many people are lazy.

Where I work (a split site school), we share a car park with the local gym.
Customers of the gym take up car parking spaces which often makes teacher late for lessons when travelling between sites. That does not annoy me. What annoys me is that the majority of folk who use the gym live nearby and drive to the gym to run on a treadmill.

People drive everywhere when they could walk. The people who went to the Catholic Church on Whitelow Road really annoyed me - driving to church from Zetland road etc... and parking on the pavement - silly.

Rant over gnight!

Is it not the paying members of the gym who provide the funds to keep the car park open, it sounds like they are subsidising fee car parking for teachers which is admirable and for which you should be grateful.

I don't think you can really know how far the occupants of the gym travel to use the gym, even if it is not very far, perhaps they don't feel too safe walking through Levi.

The type of people who go to a gym, are by their very nature, not lazy people.

How far is the distance between your two school sites? would it not be less lazy to walk or jog round rather than drive?

Steve Dubya

Postby Steve Dubya » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:47 pm

Hi Russ.

The gym is funded by the lottery and subsidsed by the council and the school. Many of the facilities used to belong to the school.

The facility is not in Levi.

I recognise folk who go to the gym, many live within 5 mins of the facility.

The time it takes to walk between the two school sites is about 7 minutes. It is about 1 minute to drive. Also, when you are carrying two boxes of books, a laptop, a digital projector, stationary (sometimes a box of 30+ scientific calculators, compasses etc...) and paperwork walking is simply not an option.

You're right about the gym users, they are not lazy, they are just bloody stupid.
Atheism ROCKS!

Steve Dubya

Postby Steve Dubya » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:53 pm

jingle wrote:the congestion charge but it will, at the end of the day, generate about £3billion (???)

I wish you were right. "Public Transport" is privately owned, so the money will go into the hands of the greedy. Look how much profit has been raked from The NHS, Education & other public providers by suppliers of ICT, PFI contractors etc...

Depressing.
Atheism ROCKS!

flip

Postby flip » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:08 pm

1. Barclays Bank - when you finally get to the front of the queue. They lost my change of address form on two separate occasions, so I've had lots of personal letters and a new card and pin sent out to the old address. (I'm not convinced the other banks are much better in Chorlton, from my limited experience.)

2. Groby Road should be one-way in the opposite direction to Napier Road. It is full of cars in the daytime (folk who work on Barlow Moor Road), and there just isn't room to drive both directions in it.

3. ... actually that's all I can think of. Chorlton is much nicer than living in the student ghetto part of Fallowfield.

Brilad

Postby Brilad » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 pm

[quote="Steve Dubya"]I'm going to replace my number 5 (Beech Rd Festival) with people who park on pavements. W@nkers. It's a nightmare on Witelow road.
I might make a load of cards saying - "polite notice - pavements are not for cars, parking on pavement may result in it being legally walked on. You have been warned."[/quote]

and if I saw you doing it to my car I'd get in it and run you over. You have been warned

Steve Dubya

Postby Steve Dubya » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Do you realise how incriminating that posting is? Fool!
Atheism ROCKS!

Russ

Postby Russ » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Seems a bit harsh to run you over for putting a note on a car. Mind you if that note came in the form of a bumper sticker.........

Return to “Discussions”