New Tesco Decision

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
jingle

Postby jingle » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:19 am

...so there go the insults

actually i didn't see any insults there. not one??

jingle, you're one of the most arrogant dickheads I've ever met

i'll accept dickhead but not arrogant. i think you'll find it's you that's arrogant.

you're also condescending, demeaning, pretentious, jealous, bitter, disappointed, unfulfilled, deluded, a windbag.

annie

Postby annie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:59 pm

:D :D :D

What garbage!... You do make me laugh!

jingle

Postby jingle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:51 am

you know it isn't garbage. you're all of those things. as i said, deluded.. or retarded, take your pick.

annie

Postby annie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:38 am

Please keep going.... you're making such a fool of yourself that I really don't have to bother trying.

:D

barlowmoorroadbhoy

Postby barlowmoorroadbhoy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:31 am

jingle wrote:
...so there go the insults

actually i didn't see any insults there. not one??

jingle, you're one of the most arrogant dickheads I've ever met

i'll accept dickhead but not arrogant. i think you'll find it's you that's arrogant.

you're also condescending, demeaning, pretentious, jealous, bitter, disappointed, unfulfilled, deluded, a windbag.

I've been saying this about Annie for ages - possibly the most arrogant and ignorant posters on here - now having either of those traits on there own is fine but when you combine them its not pretty.

annie

Postby annie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:20 pm

...and here's our other resident pr*ck come to join in.

You really are making yourselves look rather silly... not to mention vicious, nasty and stupid

:D :D

jingle

Postby jingle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Please keep going.... you're making such a fool of yourself

i really don't see why you think i'm making a fool of myself. i may be irritating people by keeping this thread alive but i'm not making a fool of myself.

infact if anybody is making a fool of themselves, it's you, through your persistent denial. even those who may take your side can't deny that you are condescending and obnoxious.

who are you trying to kid? besides yourself that is.

annie

Postby annie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:35 am

"Persistant denial"??

Hehehehe!!

You are behaving as if I have a depp and horrible crime to confess to!

Alright, I admit it, I confess that I have wasted everyone's time keeping this childish and pathetic thread alive... I promise to leave the kiddies alone now to play with their dolls.

Insult away chaps... I won't be bothering to read them :)

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:46 am

back to topic - the princess of hearts now has railing round it with sign saying footpath shut, i reckon its a done deal and it will be demolished soon.

digger

Postby digger » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:57 am

Whether they put a Tesco's there or not, it's certainly beneficial to the environment to knock the Princess down. Worst curry house I ever ate in, and that's saying something.
Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

Mr Squirrel

Postby Mr Squirrel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am

fiz67 wrote:back to topic - the princess of hearts now has railing round it with sign saying footpath shut, i reckon its a done deal and it will be demolished soon.

I don't know what's happening at Princess of Hearts, but the Tesco application was for a new petrol station shop at the Esso station further along the road. Even if it does get approved, nothing is demolished other than the petrol station and its shop. Those would be replaced by a new Esso station and a tiny Tesco Express in the same space.
A short attention span is very... Oh look, chocolate!

annie

Postby annie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:49 am

Hence my frustration at the fuss being made for what amounts to a small shop, rather than a big supermarket.

The Mersey Lights station on Princess Parkway has been replaced now with a Somerfield shop and petrol pumps. Nicer, brighter and fresher.

The Esso on Manchester Road opens and closes randomly, and the shop is usually fairly rubbish.

jingle

Postby jingle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:15 pm

tesco have been known though, to re-submit a larger planning application once the original, smaller application has been granted.

yoss

Postby yoss » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:09 pm

My ex wife used to have a job shepherding burnt-out institutionalised mental patients on little trips back into the community. Sometimes I'd go along to keep her company. This thread has brought it all back to me.

flip

Postby flip » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:11 pm

annie wrote:The Esso on Manchester Road opens and closes randomly, and the shop is usually fairly rubbish.

Getting back to the point, (much as reading the bickering has woken me up on this Monday morning), I would rather see a petrol station that is open all evening, even if it is Tesco, than one that closes for the odd hour, with the bloke sat staring out of the window, almost pleased that I can't buy something to help my diabetic friend on his sugar low... Ahem.

I understand if there is only one member of staff there that he is entitled to a break, but surely it is worth having a second person on for some of the night? It must be worth the cost?

Return to “Discussions”