Are we all "too Chorlton" to be getting excited ab

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
barlowmoorroadbhoy

Are we all "too Chorlton" to be getting excited ab

Postby barlowmoorroadbhoy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:27 pm

...Hatton fight??

Me? no way - cant wait - just gutted I am not out there - however, many of Hattons fans are really obnoxious and more like the worst type of jingoistic England football fans rather than real boxing fans, so i wont miss that!

I think it will be Mayweather to win on points or Hatton to be stopped on cuts - but hope Hatton puts him out of the ring

SMOKEY

Postby SMOKEY » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:47 pm

Probably all promo-hype,but Mayweather seems a bit smug,so he could stand a little humility.
However,if Hatton wins,will he then become a bit smug too.(like the guy from Sheffield a couple of years ago)
who'll win?
Oh, sorry mate, just got to go out,
---------finish message tomorrow.

barlowmoorroadbhoy

Postby barlowmoorroadbhoy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:00 pm

SMOKEY wrote:Probably all promo-hype,but Mayweather seems a bit smug,so he could stand a little humility.
However,if Hatton wins,will he then become a bit smug too.(like the guy from Sheffield a couple of years ago)
who'll win?
Oh, sorry mate, just got to go out,
---------finish message tomorrow.

I assume by "the guy from Sheffield" you mean Prince Naseem Hamed. Not sure you can draw a parallell between the two. Hamed was smug before he won a title and when he went to the US for his big fight (v Marco Antonio Barerra) he lost - and continued to be smug.

Stanley

Postby Stanley » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:43 pm

Boxing bores me senseless but the hype on this one has been very well done and I'm intrigued enough to check teletext at some point tomorrow to find out who won and I'll be midly pleased if Hatton wins and won't care a jot if he doesn't.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08 am

He lost. Ah well. Maybe it's a mixed blessing. At least we don't have to suffer any more endless days of pro-Hatton coverage by the parochial TV companies.

barlowmoorroadbhoy

Postby barlowmoorroadbhoy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:40 pm

annie wrote:He lost. Ah well. Maybe it's a mixed blessing. At least we don't have to suffer any more endless days of pro-Hatton coverage by the parochial TV companies.

Annie is negative comment shocker!!!

What kind of coverage do you think Wicki was going to get in his own backyard?

chorlton stew

Postby chorlton stew » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:27 am

poor old rickie, out thought, out boxed by the genuine article. yet another heroic english failure ... at least a lucrative future of crap aftershave ads, panto and strictly come dancing beckons.

barlowmoorroadbhoy

Postby barlowmoorroadbhoy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:13 pm

chorlton stew wrote:poor old rickie, out thought, out boxed by the genuine article. yet another heroic english failure ... at least a lucrative future of crap aftershave ads, panto and strictly come dancing beckons.

yip - not wrong there - I did have £100 on Mayweather to win at 4/7 - so that paid for my PPV, curry and beevies!

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:24 am

chorlton stew wrote: at least a lucrative future of crap aftershave ads,

nobody is going to beat david beckham's ad for undies have you see it WOW !! it cheered me up !!

annie

Postby annie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:31 am

Hmmm... negativity?

Loved your positive comments about Naseem Hamed and Hatton's fans...

Double standards... ? Good lord no!

:lol:

PS: What's a beevie?!?
:?

flip

Postby flip » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:47 am

annie wrote:PS: What's a beevie?!?
:?

A bevvie? beverage?

annie

Postby annie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:11 am

Ahh right... "bevvie" I understand... maybe a beevie is something you get free with the "Dail Mail"

Louise

Postby Louise » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 pm

My great uncle Eugene was the worlds first boxing referee. He also played a boxing referee in an early Hitchcock film called the ring. Still not interested in boxing though

Return to “Discussions”