10 downing street

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Bob Cunningham

10 downing street

Postby Bob Cunningham » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:41 am

john leech for P.M,any comments

Phila

Postby Phila » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:54 am

Paul Ankers!!

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:33 pm

they are all leeching ankers :D

chorlton stew

Postby chorlton stew » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm

is this chorlton rhyming slang?

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 pm

Did anyone else get that Liberal Democrat propaganda magazine through thier door at the weekend? I was actually quite shocked by it. I forget what it was called but it was disguised as a Chorlton magazine with local interest stories. It was actually a Lib Dem campaign thing. Nowhere in it did it say that though. Are they allowed to do that?

annie

Postby annie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:43 pm

I think Labour have done similar "newsletters" in the past... It's all advertising after all. The Labs and Libs are constantly hitting each other over the head around here, metaphorically speaking. Since we've mentioned politics, no doubt John Hacking will appear here soon and try to divert us to his mild-mannered and not-at-all-frothing-at-the-mouth blog.

Phila

Postby Phila » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:12 pm

I got the mag Toria, (called something like Smash!) it was like a kids paper, but as you say in fact a load of propaganda. Strikes me that all both parties do is slag each other off. It's also wrong. According to one of the Lib flyers, my road is alley gated, and it isn't yet.
I wonder how much they both spend on thir silly little news letters?

Flycat

Postby Flycat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 pm

t0ria wrote:Did anyone else get that Liberal Democrat propaganda magazine through thier door at the weekend? I was actually quite shocked by it. I forget what it was called but it was disguised as a Chorlton magazine with local interest stories. It was actually a Lib Dem campaign thing. Nowhere in it did it say that though. Are they allowed to do that?

HA! Yes, I got that.. 'Snap!' I think it was called. Largely comprising what you might very loosely describe as "articles" about a woman called Leanne Something-or-other who looked barely old enough to vote. It did take awhile to suss out what on earth it was supposed to be since it simply described her in neutral sounding terms, such as 'Chorlton Campaigner", with almost no reference to her political affiliations whatsoever. Pure kindling.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself and see if we may not eff it after all!

Phila

Postby Phila » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Funny old world awah! I've just arrivesd home after a hard days toil, and who should be on the door-step debating with my significant other??

None other than John Leech MP. He doesn't want to be PM. Seems like a decnt sort really.

Did he visit you earleir "Manwithnoname"?

Bob Cunningham

Postby Bob Cunningham » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:57 pm

not seen him or his mates for a year,will now with may comeing

Russ

Postby Russ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 pm

annie wrote:I think Labour have done similar "newsletters" in the past... It's all advertising after all. The Labs and Libs are constantly hitting each other over the head around here, metaphorically speaking. Since we've mentioned politics, no doubt John Hacking will appear here soon and try to divert us to his mild-mannered and not-at-all-frothing-at-the-mouth blog.

Who is John Hacking?

me at home

John Hacking

Postby me at home » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Dave32

Postby Dave32 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 pm

I always think it a pity that local elections are so political. Councils should really be just about running essential services as efficiently as possible. None of this "nuclear free city" nonsense.

Return to “Discussions”