Chorlton leisure centre

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
t0ria

Chorlton leisure centre

Postby t0ria » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Its that time of year.... I have decided to get fit. Again.

Does anyone use the leisure centre and if so is it any good? From its website it looks quite small, does it have a decent gym? I fancy the Aquafit class, anyone been to it? Are the classes very busy?

I know it'll be busy in January, when everyone decides to go for a few weeks then gets bored, but I won't be like that. No I won't. :lol: :wink:

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Re: Chorlton leisure centre

Postby Steve Dubya » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:25 pm

it gets busy at peak times (6-8pm) but if you get there at the right time it's fine. Not many places have pools. Other advantage is accesst to Moss Side & Withington gyms (used to be that way anyway).

I'd go running and cycling then join in late Feb when most January joiners have given up!
Atheism ROCKS!

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 pm

It's a while since I've been to aquafit at Chorlton - it used to be great fun and really friendly, but often very, very cold, and that's why I stopped going. Suggest you ask to have a look round, and also quiz them carefully about the pool temperature - I think it used to warm up a bit over the course of the week. To be fair, I think a lower pool temperature is probably safer though, in terms of water borne germy things.

Chorlton Leisure Centre is a pretty old fashioned building and I guess there are pros and cons to that. I find it less harsh and impersonal than, say, the Aquatics Centre, and I quite like the quaint municipal style, but the changing facilities and so on are very basic, unless things have changed drastically in the last year or so.

The Baths Supper Bar chip shop just over the road is of course a plus point . . .

m21-M5

Postby m21-M5 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 am

Its cold?? well if you jog to the gym instead of using your car im very sure you would be very warm by the time you get to the cold building??
The chippy? kills the point in going wouldnt it?? Good fruit and veg shop opposite the up and coming Tesco. :roll:
Last edited by m21-M5 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 am

m21-M5 wrote:Its cold?? well if you go to the gym instead of using your car im very sure you would be very warm by the time you get to the cold building??
The chippy? kills the point in going wouldnt it?? Good fruit and veg shop opposite the up and coming Tesco. :roll:

Aqua fit is a class in the pool. She was referring to the temperature of the water. And I suspect the comment about the chippy was what we call a "joke".

Anyway, I'm going to go to Pi after I've been to the gym for beer and pies.

KingNailer

Postby KingNailer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 am

t0ria wrote:
m21-M5 wrote:Its cold?? well if you go to the gym instead of using your car im very sure you would be very warm by the time you get to the cold building??

Aqua fit is a class in the pool. She was referring to the temperature of the water. And I suspect the comment about the chippy was what we call a "joke".

Anyway, I'm going to go to Pi after I've been to the gym for beer and pies.

all about equilibrium i reckon

eat and drink what you like, but exercise as well as no one likes a fat knacker

digger

Postby digger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:31 pm

KingNailer wrote:exercise as well as no one likes a fat knacker

Couldn't agree more. I'm not too keen on a clanty bumplet either. How about you?

Whereabouts did you usually fardle in Gorton? Only I used to wadget there a few years back and I wondered if we kent the same doobries? You know what they say: it's a fanny clapper from the nidge to the corsitode. :wink:
Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

KingNailer

Postby KingNailer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 pm

digger wrote:
KingNailer wrote:exercise as well as no one likes a fat knacker

Couldn't agree more. I'm not too keen on a clanty bumplet either. How about you?

Whereabouts did you usually fardle in Gorton? Only I used to wadget there a few years back and I wondered if we kent the same doobries? You know what they say: it's a fanny clapper from the nidge to the corsitode. :wink:

like welsh parodying burgess that

used to booze in the cotton tree, working on that report for you, tried bowling green for the quiz last night

some belters in there

Stanley

Postby Stanley » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Fine words, digger.

Perhaps "eat and drink what you like" is a bit dangerous. If you eat nothing but rabbit or nothing but McDonald's, you'd not be very healthy no matter how much exercise you did.
Keep an open mind...but not so open that your brain falls out.

???

Postby ??? » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Heard the guy who runs this gym on Rock Radio last night. Anyone been to it. Looks quite good.

http://www.primalfitness.co.uk/

m21-M5

Postby m21-M5 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:34 pm

ahhh the water is cold, it always has been in there. Stretford is much better for swimming.

:idea: Hey thats a perfect idea, create a good quality gym where woolworths is. :idea:

Louise

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:53 pm

m21-M5 wrote:ahhh the water is cold, it always has been in there. Stretford is much better for swimming.

:idea: Hey thats a perfect idea, create a good quality gym where woolworths is. :idea:

Someone tried something like that on the other side of the road a few years ago. It didnt stay long

m21-M5

Postby m21-M5 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Louise wrote:
m21-M5 wrote:ahhh the water is cold, it always has been in there. Stretford is much better for swimming.

Someone tried something like that on the other side of the road a few years ago. It didnt stay long

The other side as in Somerfield side? i dont ever recall that, but and there is a big BUT, Bodyshapers would of been up and kicking before being turned in2 ash. Myabe no1 in Chorlton wants 2 exercise ot maybe they are healthy enough, but most areas such as chorlton would have a good standard gym. I was gutted once Bodyshapers had gone :cry: considering how busy it was i think another gym would do great in Chorlton.

Dave32

Postby Dave32 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Bodyshapers was great, always seemed to be busy.

The "other" one was on that corner opposite Croma. Can't remember what it was called... it was a girls name... Betty's? Was too small though really.

KingNailer

Postby KingNailer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am

Dave32 wrote:Bodyshapers was great, always seemed to be busy.

The "other" one was on that corner opposite Croma. Can't remember what it was called... it was a girls name... Betty's? Was too small though really.

not really into gyms, i like a run on the meadows of a sunday and play five a side thrice(is that a word) weekly
had the odd freemans pass for gyms and they bore me, hate the clock counting down on treadmill etc

the spinning classes at stretty baths and whalley range high both pretty good though and not far, also circuits at chorlton baths is ok on a monday night, gets the weekend out of you

Return to “Discussions”