“Manchester can't sustain a quality restaurant"

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
scottie

Re: “Manchester can't sustain a quality restaurant"

Postby scottie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 pm

yes, Myleene class has the same effect on me - cannot stand her (neither can my missus.)

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:29 pm

scottie wrote:yes, Myleene class has the same effect on me - cannot stand her (neither can my missus.)

same here can't stand her smug smile.

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:40 pm

does no one here rate the lime tree, i like it and lead station, croma and asian fusion too.

scottie

Postby scottie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:21 pm

fiz67 wrote:does no one here rate the lime tree, i like it and lead station, croma and asian fusion too.

not been to the lime tree for years - it's great though.
I think the lead station is good (never great) same goes for Asian Fusion, which I think is like a good rusholme curry house in chorlton - again not outstanding - but a reliable favourite when we can't be arsed to drive anywhere

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:15 pm

fiz67 wrote:same goes for Asian Fusion, which I think is like a good rusholme curry house in chorlton - again not outstanding - but a reliable favourite when we can't be arsed to drive anywhere

Asian Fusion is a million times better than anywhere in Rusholme. The food is amazing and the staff are lovely- especially Iqqy. We go there pretty much every week.

We went out in Rusholme with some friends a few weeks ago and were so disappointed- the portions were tiny and the food bland.

Tom G

Postby Tom G » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:35 pm

scottie wrote:I forgot to put Greens in there. Even though I usually eat meat when going out - this was one of the best meals I had all last year.

I was really disappointed with it myself. Boring grainy salad that I might have expected at Cafe Cilantro and then a dodgy mushroom risotto which wasn't a patch at the one in Rhubarb.

Don't mind Rimmer too much though, but I like the inside info that he's a fake Liverpool fan.

Stanley

Postby Stanley » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 am

I've never had a REALLY good curry in Rusholme.

There, I said it.
Keep an open mind...but not so open that your brain falls out.

anthonyf

Postby anthonyf » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:21 am

I went to the sister restaurant of "San Carlo" last night, Ristorante "al 34" in Roma (Via Marrio De Fiori, 34 - to be precise).

Really great food, dodgy service, 99E for 3 of us. Recommended if your ever in this neck of the woods 8)

Ciao!

Ant

scottie

Postby scottie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:31 am

t0ria wrote:
fiz67 wrote:same goes for Asian Fusion, which I think is like a good rusholme curry house in chorlton - again not outstanding - but a reliable favourite when we can't be arsed to drive anywhere

Asian Fusion is a million times better than anywhere in Rusholme. The food is amazing and the staff are lovely- especially Iqqy. We go there pretty much every week.

We went out in Rusholme with some friends a few weeks ago and were so disappointed- the portions were tiny and the food bland.

I would not say the food is amazing at Asian Fusian - I've been many times, and it's good - but I'd not say amazing.
I don't think it's a million times better than Spicy Hut (at the top end of Wilmslow road near Whitworth park) - despite the dodgy name the food there is excellent - and the staff are good there too.
East z east and Akbars in town have taken indian restaurants to another level than most of Rusholme though.

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:05 am

scottie, toria, that quote was scotties not mine :) . i like asian fusion better than rusholme but only been to 3 in rusholme, will try the spicy hut though heard its good of other people, used to go alot to rusholme to the muglai but since asian fusion open been there lots now saves on the taxi fare and the staff are v friendly if a little ditzy adds to the charm. asian fusion owners used to work in the muglai. my top 3 in chorlton are - asian fusion, lead station then croma. plus if you only have a fiver spare can't beat the weather spoons meal and a drink with change too. i am happy in the cheaper end of the market as well as the more expensive places, varierty is the spice of my life.

scottie

Postby scottie » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:08 pm

fiz67 wrote:scottie, toria, that quote was scotties not mine :) . i like asian fusion better than rusholme but only been to 3 in rusholme, will try the spicy hut though heard its good of other people, used to go alot to rusholme to the muglai but since asian fusion open been there lots now saves on the taxi fare and the staff are v friendly if a little ditzy adds to the charm. asian fusion owners used to work in the muglai. my top 3 in chorlton are - asian fusion, lead station then croma. plus if you only have a fiver spare can't beat the weather spoons meal and a drink with change too. i am happy in the cheaper end of the market as well as the more expensive places, varierty is the spice of my life.

oops sorry!
I agree - on the cheaper end of the market - and croma is fantastic
I go for a curry on average once a fortnight, miles more than any other cuisine :D

Steve Dubya
Location: Levenshulme as the Chelsea tractor driving yuppies lifted Chorlton house prices out of my reach.

Postby Steve Dubya » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:30 pm

I love Yaki Soba - not amazing food but very nice & good value.

I still like Azad Manzil for it's authentic old fashioned charm - they improved when Asian Fusion opened next door. Palmiro was excellent but went downhill.

Outside Chorlton... I love Isinglass (Stretford) - great for hearty wholesome but tasty grub.

That Cafe in Levenslum - amazing food. Pricey but worth it. I think it has some sort of Michellin accreditation (only 1 other in South Man does I think).

For curry - The Kushoom Kolly in Heaton Moore shits on Asian Fusion.

City centre - I don't bother anymore, I'm skint.
Atheism ROCKS!

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:59 am

has anyone been to the fat loaf in didsbury i'm going sunday the menu look good.

scottie

Postby scottie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:27 pm

I heard it's not as good as the Sale original - good but not outstanding - there was also a view in metro or the M.E.N

chorlton stew

Postby chorlton stew » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:26 pm

has anyone been to the fat loaf in didsbury i'm going sunday the menu look good.

FWIW ... went a few weeks ago - possibly the worst meal i have ever eaten in somewhere claiming to be a restaurant. totally clueless and exactly the kind of place that illustrates how Mcr can't sustain a quality restaurant - AVOID.

save yourself the hassle and nip down to the other end of town to gem&i

Return to “Discussions”