Recommendation for a conveyancing solicitor

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
munchkin

Recommendation for a conveyancing solicitor

Postby munchkin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:10 pm

The title pretty much says it all. I have had a bad experience with one Chorlton based solicitor and was wondering if anyone had one they could recommend. Ta in advance.

Louise

Re: Recommendation for a conveyancing solicitor

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Try Janet Platts at Robin Burman. She did mine and she was brilliant

Dave32

Postby Dave32 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm

munchkin wrote:I have had a bad experience with one Chorlton based solicitor

Name and shame!

Disclaimer: this is in no way an invitation to commit libel, slander, or anything else notwithstanding I could be sued for

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 pm

You get what you pay for with solicitors so don't be tempted by a bargain price. I sold a house using an internet conveyancer. They were absolutely useless and I ended up making a complaint about them, as they simply weren't bothered about me. So when I bought a house a couple of months later I made sure I used a local recommended firm, JMW. I'd happily recommend them, they were efficient, friendly and good value for money.

http://www.jmw.co.uk/conveyancing

chorlton stew

Postby chorlton stew » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 am

hi there, we also used JMW when we first moved to manchester and they were very good. Efficient, professional and i didn't think they were that expensive either. No bull, no trying to be matey, they just got on and did it.

last time we moved though we ended up having a problem as the solicitor assured us they'd done some work but turned out they'd only completed part of that task. 4 or 5 years later that's turned out to be a bit of an issue. and the solicitor in question was expensive, but more concerned with playing golf ...

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks for your replies.

I can't really name names as it was not to do with conveyancing and of all the people to badmouth I guess solicitors would be the most likely to be litigious!

I chose one that was more local to Chorlton in the (probably mistaken!) belief that it would help things along. Fingers crossed...

annie

Postby annie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Post what you like, and then say "allegedly"... You're right off the hook.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Dave32

Postby Dave32 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:20 am

If they were really that bad then you should tell us who they are so others don't have the same problems. Stick to the facts, and there won't be a problem. It's only libel if it isn't true.

Allegedly

Return to “Discussions”