Police hunt for Barlow Moor Road paedophile

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Stanley

Police hunt for Barlow Moor Road paedophile

Postby Stanley » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:44 am

http://insidethem60.journallocal.co.uk/ ... y-for-sex/

Police in Chorlton have launched a search for a man who tried to entice a 12-year-old boy to engage in sexual activity with him for cash.

The young victim was walking along Barlow Moor Road yesterday, when he was stopped by a man in a car near the junction with Sandy Lane just before 3pm. The driver, who was holding a wad of banknotes, asked the way to Didsbury and he drove off after the boy gave the directions.

Soon after, the driver appeared on the pavement in front of the boy and offered him money if he took part in sexual activity. The victim ran into a nearby branch of McDonald’s to escape, then called the police.

The offender is described as a white man, aged 30-40, around 5ft 11ins tall and of chubby build with short brown hair which was possibly going grey. He was wearing a light grey coloured polo shirt, and blue jeans. His car has been described as a silver Ford or Vauxhall.

Police Constable Marcus Holmes, of GMP’s South Manchester Division, said: “I would like to hear from anyone that may recognise the description of that man, his car, or who was in the area on that afternoon. It is an incident which has left this young victim feeling quite scared, but I do not want to cause any undue concern in the community. I would like to reassure parents this is being treated as an isolated incident. However, we would ask that young people follow a few basic safety tips such as walking in groups and avoiding shortcuts.”

Anyone with any information should call police on 0161 856 4784, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Keep an open mind...but not so open that your brain falls out.

Return to “Discussions”