christmas trees

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
db1

christmas trees

Postby db1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Please can anyone tell me if Etchells on beach road will be selling christmas trees this year. I bought one last year from them and it was the best tree i have ever bought. The two young men who were selling them were so friendly and helpfull they even delivered it to my house for free and gave me a free stand . The tree was really good quality and i nwill definately be getting my tree from them this year. I have bought them from places like B and Q before but the quality has never been as good as etchells . I know its abit early to ask this sort of question but i was just woundering really lots of my friends and family have all said they are going to come and get one from Etchells this year even my uncle from brighouse because he was so impressed with his last year **** Best quality and service ever many thanks Etchells ********please can anyone else let me know what they thought
Last edited by db1 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

unique-horn

Re: christmas

Postby unique-horn » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Hmmmm... Don't work for Etchells by any chance do you?

db1

Postby db1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:32 pm

About 20 years ago when i used to have a paper round but think i might be a bit old now
Last edited by db1 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coppertop

Postby coppertop » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah I bought my tree from there! A potted one that we now have planted in the back garden!
Hope they do sell them there again as I don't drive so it was really handy, they delivered mine last year too.

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm

But why would you need another tree, Coppertop? You admirably bought one with roots last year and carefully saved it in the garden.

It's 5th October. How about we let this discussion, whatever its puzzling motives, quietly slip down the page until, say, 15th December?

Louise

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Why? How very Chorlton to only be able to discuss things "Seasonally" Like only buying the right sort of veg. is there anything else you don't want people to discuss Pearl? In case it's too soon or too late.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Louise... leaving Chorlton , and perhaps old age, has turned you a bit sour has it not?
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Louise

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:11 am

That's like a bottle of vinegar accusing a lemon.

annie

Postby annie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:24 am

Bless.

I'm not the one who turned on Pearl.
But then, looking at the "art debate", you seem to be taking lessons from Bhoy. Found a lodger have you?
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

fiz67

Postby fiz67 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:15 pm

it is too early for this really but i would say its a safe bet they will as they have sold trees there at the side for years - i would say at least 7

coppertop

Postby coppertop » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Ahhh now there is a good reason why I'll be needing another.
Last years rooted offering is coming along nicely in the back garden - I can't imagine it'd fair all that well if I dug it up and dragged it back indoors.

Friendly bunch aren't ya :roll:

yoss

Postby yoss » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Some of us are. Welcome!

Reeves

Postby Reeves » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:03 pm

coppertop wrote:Friendly bunch aren't ya :roll:

Oh don't worry about the rottweilers, you'll tend to ignore them most of the time. They like to think they represent the majority of people in Chorlton but most people on the streets of Chorlton just shake their heads in amusement.

db1

Postby db1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Interesting comments iam new to this web site I never thought asking about a Christmas tree would cause people to spit there dummy out so much what happened to happy people :P

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:26 pm

db1 wrote:Interesting comments iam new to this web site I never thought asking about a Christmas tree would cause people to spit there dummy out so much what happened to happy people :P

I think the reason for the slightly iffy response is that recently we have has a spate of people registering and pretending to be normal members They enthuse madly about a particular bar or restaurant of whatever, then it turns out it is actually their business and they are using Chorlton web for some sneaky free advertising. Obviously this isn't what you have done but some of the more suspicious responses might be people who think you are from Etchell's Christmas tree suppliers!

Ignore the sniping between some people, it must be a full moon or something. :|

Welcome!

Return to “Discussions”