Chorlton Tram

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annie

Re: Chorlton Tram

Postby annie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Pearl wrote:And still on a religious theme (sort of), Stagecoach are apparently no longer going to be running Manchester trams:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/0 ... NTCMP=SRCH

Good... I prefer my transport companies NOT to be run by homophobic god-bothering, ignorant facist FUVKWITS.
:mrgreen:
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Stevieboy

Postby Stevieboy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 am

For anyone not already aware of this - Metrolink gets Greater Manchester moving with FREE travel this Sunday
http://www.tfgm.com/2009_news.cfm?news_ ... nuheader=3
I believe it's supposed to run for 3 consecutive Sundays.

scottie

Postby scottie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 am

Stevieboy wrote:For anyone not already aware of this - Metrolink gets Greater Manchester moving with FREE travel this Sunday
http://www.tfgm.com/2009_news.cfm?news_ ... nuheader=3
I believe it's supposed to run for 3 consecutive Sundays.

Plus free parking on thursdays after 4:

"Free parking in the city centre
On-street parking will be free from 4pm for the next three Thursdays. And for the next three Saturdays (20, 27 August and 3 September) NCP parking will be free in the High Street (Arndale) car park between 6.30pm and 10pm - a saving of up to £6.90.
In addition, NCP parking will also be free for the next three Thursdays (18, 25 August and 1 September), in the Chester Street, Printworks and Salford Exchange car parks between 4pm and 8pm.

Free tram travel
Metrolink have announced free travel between 10am and 6pm this Sunday 20 August for up to two adults and two children using a voucher which will be available from the Transport for Greater Manchester website and in Friday's edition of the Manchester Evening News. The deal will save £7 per family and there must be at least one adult in a group.

Free family fun
You can read more below about the incredible Platform 4, and all the other free events taking place in the city over the next few weeks.

We Love MCR day
On Friday 26 August, make your way to Exchange Square to hear speeches from a line-up of special guests. If you can't make it into the city, then you can still take part by joining in with the Manchester 'tweet up'. Tweet your messages of love for the city by including the hashtag #ILoveMCR in your message - and help put Manchester on the global trending map."

Paula Pickle

Postby Paula Pickle » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello Chorltonians
I was thrilled to hear about the Metro station openning in St. Werburghs. Some of you may know that I used to live under that bridge in a tent. As I never get to Chorlton now I wonder if there are any photos of the station, maps etc? I wonder where the entrance is and which side of the road the station is? I have seen a bit of poor You-tube video, but it just concentrates on one train arriving and leaving.
Regards, to contributors. Annie must be getting very old by now

Paula
Last edited by Paula Pickle on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

annie

Postby annie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:32 pm

Paula Pickle wrote:Regards, to contributors. Annie must be getting very old by now :-)

Paula

WTF?
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 pm

annie wrote:
Paula Pickle wrote:Regards, to contributors. Annie must be getting very old by now :-)

Paula

WTF?

WTF indeed!! Where did that come from?

Paula Pickle

Postby Paula Pickle » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi Annie and Sarah,
Not sure about WTF. Wait till Friday?
All I was meaning was that if Annie sends 2 letters per week, then her 3800 letters would account for 38 years worth of answers. And let's face it, you do dish it out rather often, Annie.
But hey ho, that's my two for this month. (Sorry tram enthusiasts)

Phila

Postby Phila » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 pm

just used the tram for the first time, to go and see Button drive through the streets. £2.80 return and a quick servive definately made it worth doing. Shame it rained most of the time, but what can you expect from a BH Monday!

annie

Postby annie » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Moving on from yet another unprovoked snipe.....

Nell Lane junction is now open... Hardy Lane is now shut....and all the trees on Maudeth Road West between those points have been cut down.

I expect there will be a hippy outcry this week

Louise

Postby Louise » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:25 pm

Don't the hippies normally have the outcry before the trees are cut down?

yoss

Postby yoss » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 pm

I expect there will be a hippy outcry this week

... and one from people who just happen to like trees.

freeguitarlesson

Postby freeguitarlesson » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:11 am

Louise wrote:Don't the hippies normally have the outcry before the trees are cut down?

There was a petition, a Save Our Trees flyer and they ties yellow ribbon round them. What more do you want?
"Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead..."

annie

Postby annie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 pm

freeguitarlesson wrote:
Louise wrote:Don't the hippies normally have the outcry before the trees are cut down?

There was a petition, a Save Our Trees flyer and they ties yellow ribbon round them. What more do you want?

I want them to stay on the bus, forget about us, and put the blame on me.

Louise

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 pm

That only counts if it's an oak tree.

annie

Postby annie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Louise wrote:That only counts if it's an oak tree.

I'm sorely lacking in my studies on How to Recognise Different Types of Trees from Quite a Long Way Away.

I keep thinking it's a larch.

Return to “Discussions”