Footpath 181

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
toneill

Re: Footpath 181

Postby toneill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Are you a spin doctor with your misinformation half truths and lies .Did you tell the owners of number 11 that the path would go through their garden and past their front door,or did you tell them it would go
your preferred route through Anchor Trust Property. I can not see any intelligent person wanting a right of way going through their property,reducing the value of it and reducing the rental income from it because it most certainly would ,I mean who would want to rent a house with aright of way running through it,it would also increase insurance on the house as it more of a target for thieves and vandals
the above may also apply to the other house's at the top of Anchorside Close.As for the fence behind the greenhouse if your so adamant it is on Anchorside Close land why did you not stand your ground
and cut it down and don't say you do not want to upset Anchor Trust because you don't care about any ones feelings.The truth is you don't really care ware the path goes or who is inconvenienced by it as long
as it is not you

stephennewton

Postby stephennewton » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 pm

toneill wrote:Are you a spin doctor with your misinformation half truths and lies

It's really sad when people, frustrated that their arguments have failed to impress, decide to just let off steam with a personal rant. It's equally predictable that you prefer to keep anonymous. Anonymity allows you to vent without responsibility, so it is bizarre that you think anyone should care about your feelings, when all you do is rant, rave and throw insults. As you're anonymous, I have no idea whose feelings are supposed to have been hurt so, no, I don't care.

I also suspect that most people on here are a little tired of the debate. However, I will point out that if the footpath did run through somebody's apartment that somebody would not have been able to get a mortgage as the footpath would come up on searches (remember, this is not a new footpath, but has been on the definitive map of Manchester for as long as there has been such a map, while Anchorside Close dates from 1995). Obviously, the lawful route of FP181 is revealed every time a conveyancer carries out a search on an Anchorside Close apartment and it does not run through any leaseholder's property at all. We have the council's responses to such searches and lots of other evidence and so we're confident. The facts don't need spinning.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 pm

toneill wrote:Are you a spin doctor with your misinformation half truths and lies .Did you tell the owners of number 11 that the path would go through their garden and past their front door,or did you tell them it would go
your preferred route through Anchor Trust Property. I can not see any intelligent person wanting a right of way going through their property,reducing the value of it and reducing the rental income from it because it most certainly would ,I mean who would want to rent a house with aright of way running through it,it would also increase insurance on the house as it more of a target for thieves and vandals
the above may also apply to the other house's at the top of Anchorside Close.As for the fence behind the greenhouse if your so adamant it is on Anchorside Close land why did you not stand your ground
and cut it down and don't say you do not want to upset Anchor Trust because you don't care about any ones feelings.The truth is you don't really care ware the path goes or who is inconvenienced by it as long
as it is not you

Utter drivel.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

belperfury

Postby belperfury » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 pm

stephennewton wrote: He is one of three residents who have let us know they would prefer the footpath closed, a small minority.

so now it's moved from 'all revealed overwhelming support for saving FP181' to three households on anchorside preferring to close the path.

any further movement if i ask again?

lister

Postby lister » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Does it really matter who does or doesn't agree with it remaining open?

I'd prefer it if people weren't allowed to use the roads at the same time as me as it'd be more convenient for getting to work, just because I'd prefer it, doesn't mean it should or could happen, because that's not how things happen.

If it weren't for the laws that Steph Newton et al. have been able to use to keep that pathway open, we wouldn't be allowed to roam the majority of the countryside.

stephennewton

Postby stephennewton » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:09 pm

belperfury wrote:
stephennewton wrote: He is one of three residents who have let us know they would prefer the footpath closed, a small minority.

so now it's moved from 'all revealed overwhelming support for saving FP181' to three households on anchorside preferring to close the path.

any further movement if i ask again?

Perfectly consistent. Eight consultations of leaseholders and sub-tenants. Early consultations found just one supporting closure, rising to three. That's a small, but respected, minority.

toneill

Postby toneill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Annomynous my mane is on the blog and you know where I live . I would gladly discuss the pros and cons of path 181 face to face with you,but opinion of you remains the same

annie

Postby annie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 am

toneill wrote:Annomynous my mane is on the blog and you know where I live . I would gladly discuss the pros and cons of path 181 face to face with you,but opinion of you remains the same

What would be the point, and why should he? The Ramblers made the first move on this did they not? There was plenty time to mount whatever feeble opposition you cared to rally.... either way, the COURTS found against the council, quite rightly, for failing in their statutory duty to maintain a public right of way. Got that? The COURTS.

It's a shame that the NIMBYs who closed the path up can't be traced and prosecuted, I say.

Keep going round in circles, slagging off Stephen if you want to though, toenail.... it'll make not one jot of difference. You might want to learn how to spell and punctuate first though, as it's damn hard to keep up with your comedy without it.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

belperfury

Postby belperfury » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 am

stephennewton wrote:Perfectly consistent.

Or infinitely different depending on your grasp of maths.

stephennewton

Postby stephennewton » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 am

belperfury wrote:
stephennewton wrote:Perfectly consistent.

Or infinitely different depending on your grasp of maths.

I do understand that people with strong opions struggle to accept they are a minority. EDL members will insist the white working class are on the verge of bloody revolution, for example.

Only in Belperfury world is three not a small minority.

And only on here am I cast as some Svengali character exercising mystical control over the estate on which I live (and, perhaps, the courts). That's quite amusing.

The judge criticised consultations by local councillors as 'hoplessly biased' and for 'asking the wrong questions'. He had to set them to one side. He praised the neutrality of our consultations, saying it was dissapointing that we were only able to consult Anchorside Close stakeholders.

The truth is that local councillors, particularly the Lib Dems and John Leech MP, but also Labour councillors who jumped on their bandwagon, thought they'd win some cheap votes by scaring residents of sheltered housing. They were only partially successful. Those people are scared, but scaring people doesn't close footpaths.

stephennewton

Postby stephennewton » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:33 pm

toneill wrote:Annomynous my mane is on the blog and you know where I live . I would gladly discuss the pros and cons of path 181 face to face with you,but opinion of you remains the same

As you were there when I met Oakhouse Drive residents at Arden Court, perhaps we have already discussed the pros and cons of FP181 face to face? The issue has now been settled by the court, so there would be no the point in another debate. You have already said your opinion will remain the same anyway, so I'd be wasting my time.

I do understand that some people genuinely believe there will be wave of crime and anti-social behaviour. Local politicians bombarded Anchorside Close with leaflets and quotes from the police too, but very few of us took them seriously. They presented no evidence that the gangs of Chorltonville are desperate to steal our laptops. I think it was irresponsible to put the frighteners on people, especially those living in sheltered accommodation who may well be vulnerable. Where are those local councillors now? Where is John Leech MP?

lister

Postby lister » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:37 pm

He's busy having photos taken next to flooded drains with his best sad face.

toneill

Postby toneill » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm

For Stephen.This will by my last contribution to the forum after to day I will neither contribute or read the forum. there is no point,we just go round in circles .yes you are right about us discussing the path
at Arden Court,then like now you did not answer questions you did not like. But I must take you to task on your accusations that the police and councillors were scare mongering over crime. I would have thought in you position you would have been a member of a neighbourhood watch and had discussions with the councillors and police, they would have told you what thieves look for.Some years back I was political active add worked with councillors (not lib/dem)on complaints from the electors a lot of them were about passageways alleys and paths used by thieves vandals and drug addicts.I don't want to scare monger and suggest that the path would be littered with needles because i do not think that would be a problem .But I do think it would have been irresponsible of them not to point out potential problems
with the path,
My last comment is for Annie
My beef as been with one person and one person only, until you stuck you nose in.I don't know you and I don't want to.
Your comments on my English were spot on, and I am the first to acknowledge at best it is poor but the rest was nasty.I have thought that I may reply in kind but I have decided not to sink to your level
so I will Just offer you a quote I believe of Oscar Wilde.
"when one is being criticised one should look from where the criticism comes from and act accordingly and in your case just treat it the contempt it richly deserves

annie

Postby annie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm

toneill wrote:"when one is being criticised one should look from where the criticism comes from and act accordingly and in your case just treat it the contempt it richly deserves

Oh the contempt is entirely FROM me, toenail.

You barged in here, throwing insults and near-libellous accusations at a person who has been nothing if not polite, reasoned and logical. In short, you acted like an ass, and everyone saw it.

Don't let the door smack your arse on the way out.

Louise

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 pm

toneill wrote:For Stephen.This will by my last contribution to the forum after to day I will neither contribute or read the forum. there is no point,we just go round in circles .yes you are right about us discussing the path
at Arden Court,then like now you did not answer questions you did not like. But I must take you to task on your accusations that the police and councillors were scare mongering over crime. I would have thought in you position you would have been a member of a neighbourhood watch and had discussions with the councillors and police, they would have told you what thieves look for.Some years back I was political active add worked with councillors (not lib/dem)on complaints from the electors a lot of them were about passageways alleys and paths used by thieves vandals and drug addicts.I don't want to scare monger and suggest that the path would be littered with needles because i do not think that would be a problem .But I do think it would have been irresponsible of them not to point out potential problems
with the path,
My last comment is for Annie
My beef as been with one person and one person only, until you stuck you nose in.I don't know you and I don't want to.
Your comments on my English were spot on, and I am the first to acknowledge at best it is poor but the rest was nasty.I have thought that I may reply in kind but I have decided not to sink to your level

so I will Just offer you a quote I believe of Oscar Wilde.
"when one is being criticised one should look from where the criticism comes from and act accordingly and in your case just treat it the contempt it richly deserves

Was that Oscar Wilde on one of his bad days? I guess the wallpaper got to him in the end.

Return to “Discussions”