Road traffic accidents map

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
p7r

Road traffic accidents map

Postby p7r » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:13 pm

The BBC have put up an interactive map showing every accident involving a death on the roads of the UK from 1999 to 2010: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720

I note that in M21 we seem to have had relatively few fatalities. Those recorded seem to mostly involve cars and pedestrians, with only one bike fatality that I can see.

I thought this might be of interest to some here, and perhaps a timely reminder given we're in the season of drink driving and icey conditions. Be careful out there...

WingardiumLeviosa

Re: Road traffic accidents map

Postby WingardiumLeviosa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm

p7r wrote:I note that in M21 we seem to have had relatively few fatalities. Those recorded seem to mostly involve cars and pedestrians, with only one bike fatality that I can see.

Thanks! How refreshing to see things in perspective for a change, particularly after all the recent distortion and emotional reasoning about cyclists exclusively causing traffic problems by driving on pavements.... ;-)
The Map is not the Territory.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:05 am

Would someone else please post what I'm thinking here, because I'm probably sailing close to the wind already, what with our new moderators and all.
:roll:
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

BeechBum

Postby BeechBum » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:39 am

That is a very interesting map. Pretty sad and slightly upsetting as well.

My analysis of the Chorlton area looks like the deaths are largely along the two main roads in Chorlton and involves one of three group. a, kids, b, OAPs or c, drunk people. :(

Particularly sad was that one outside the Chorlton Leisure centre when a couple of guys came over the hump and straight into the back of a parked up lorry. I always considered that section of road dangers and thought that the stretch immediately outside the centre should have a double yellow line.

What other dangerous spots are there in Chorlton?

Louise

Postby Louise » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 am

"What other dangerous spots are there in Chorlton?"

Never sit with your back to the door in Wetherspoons, That's what I have heard

Return to “Discussions”