Closing down... opening up

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
steved

Re: Closing down... opening up

Postby steved » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am

Phila wrote:Like this?
Untitled.jpg

Precisely like that!

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:48 am

I've heard that Select Seconds is closing in a couple of months time because of retirement. Worryingly, the greengrocers opposite was shuttered up yesterday. Hope that was just a one-off rather than a sudden departure.

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:13 pm

still_ill wrote:Just outside the boundary (don't shoot), the old Simpsons bakery on the row of shops opposite where the old Seymour pub was looks like it's reopening as some sort of cafe.

I noticed earlier that this shop is now called Uprising Bakery, though not open as yet. The old Simpsons signeage is gone (i hope it's been preserved, had been there donkey's years and was quite easy on the eye). There seems to be quite a few people in there doing various jobs, and having Googled the name i think it might be some sort of community project. Looking forward to it opening. Used to be a really good bakery years back, but then sort of lost its way under the previous owners. This row of shops definitely needs some life breathing back into it.

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:46 am

Pearl wrote:
Go inside A & S and have a look at the crumpled support pillars - DIY SOS required I think.

Please don't encourage Skywalker to go inside any more derelict buildings Annie! Crumpled support pillars! Eek!

:roll: :mrgreen:
friendly local alarm engineer.
cctv, burglar alarms, intercom systems, and more!

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 am

still_ill wrote:This row of shops definitely needs some life breathing back into it.

the shops are alright but the signs need fixing up... they're all grotty and 'orrible

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Does anyone know what the place next door to the Co-op by the bus station is going to be? It had planning permission to be knock the house down and build several flats, but they are just renovating the existing house and turning it into some sort of shop by the look of the front.

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:23 pm

t0ria wrote:Does anyone know what the place next door to the Co-op by the bus station is going to be? It had planning permission to be knock the house down and build several flats, but they are just renovating the existing house and turning it into some sort of shop by the look of the front.

no idea but i have seen the same people in there doing various work many times. seems to be a young couple so perhaps it will just be somewhere for them to live. but i've not paid much attention to it recently.

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 pm

t0ria wrote:Does anyone know what the place next door to the Co-op by the bus station is going to be? It had planning permission to be knock the house down and build several flats, but they are just renovating the existing house and turning it into some sort of shop by the look of the front.

I've wondered about this place myself.

Does anyone know anything about the history of the building? Looks like it may have been a surgery of some sort before.

Fair play if someone's undertaking a renovation job on it, but i'd have thought it might be bulldozed. It doesn't really make good use of the land and it's a horrid 70s-looking thing (assuming we're talking of the same building).

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 pm

gitface

Postby gitface » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

Not sure what sort of shop it's going to be, but I noticed some Hallmark greetings card racks in there last night.

Just as well really, - there aren't enough card shops in Chorlton. :lol:

acres lad

Postby acres lad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 am

Shopfitter told me this morning that it's going to be a pound shop.

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 am

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

acres lad wrote:Shopfitter told me this morning that it's going to be a pound shop.

really? Bugger. There goes my house price.

Louise

Postby Louise » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 am

I broke my wrist on the wall of that house. I was running for a bus, carrying a very heavy bag, I was also wearing very high heeled black leather boots and I fell over sideways, and punched the wall by mistake. There was a very loud crack and I ended up with grazed knuckles and a colles fracture.

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 am

Louise wrote:I broke my wrist on the wall of that house. I was running for a bus, carrying a very heavy bag, I was also wearing very high heeled black leather boots and I fell over sideways, and punched the wall by mistake. There was a very loud crack and I ended up with grazed knuckles and a colles fracture.

you tend to get hurt if you have to run for the bus

Return to “Discussions”