Closing down... opening up

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
blenkinsop

Re: Closing down... opening up

Postby blenkinsop » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:38 pm

If there was no value to the Simon Dunn brand, concept or standards, Cocoa Tree may well survive and proper. However, the national coverage Dunn achieved (Telegraph, Daily Mail etc) when he closed his flagship shop in Wilmslow, at the same time binning all his shops - suggests his marketing skills were pretty good. Cocoa Tree have themselves stated on Twitter that they were a Simon Dunn franchise for 3 years. In common with other Simon Dunn shops, they are now an independent business. I hope it works for them.

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:17 am

I went past Tandoori Flame this morning and it looks like it might have closed too as there was a load of rubble outside - does anyone know ?

Edwinacurry

Postby Edwinacurry » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Yes I had a message via Facebook I think that they are refurbishing and rebranding (Dosi?), hopefully the same chef as I loved the food but tended to get take outs as found the setting a bit soul less

lister

Postby lister » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:54 am

Looks like the Village sandwich maker has already been sold on? Apparently will be refurbed and become the Phoenix Deli?

Gray's Larder seems a bit behind schedule?

Any word on café Crema? or the former threshers?

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:56 am

i noticed the village sandwichmaker shuttered the other morning, but there was a note in the window saying closed for easter. sold on already? blimey that was quick...

bosu body bar (near hickson n blacks) was open when i walked past wednesday pm.

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:27 pm

lister wrote:Any word on café Crema?

There have been people going in and out a lot this week, and I heard that the pizzeria is still going ahead with a lateish licence. Lots of rubbly skippy building activity at the Gray's Larder premises.

I don't actually sit with my binoculars trained on this row of businesses btw, just use that bus stop quite a bit.

annie

Postby annie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:56 am

That unit next to takeaway Buffalo on Wilbraham Road has opened up at last... to make a MEGABUFFALO!

Not literally, you understand... just a double-sized restaurant... Bit intimidating really.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:51 am

Pearl wrote:
lister wrote:Any word on café Crema?

There have been people going in and out a lot this week, and I heard that the pizzeria is still going ahead with a lateish licence. Lots of rubbly skippy building activity at the Gray's Larder premises.

I don't actually sit with my binoculars trained on this row of businesses btw, just use that bus stop quite a bit.

Which pizzeria do you mean? The 00 one ? Which one is the Gray's Larder premises - I am losing track with all these new places !

lister

Postby lister » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:54 am

Gray's Larder is next door to De Nada on the previous 1847 site to the right of Font Bar.

I'm assuming pizza place refers to crema as 00 is already open?

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

i walked past crema yesterday and noticed a large sign above the door saying shop lease for sale (or words to that effect) and a mobile number.

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:53 pm

andy_landy wrote:i walked past crema yesterday and noticed a large sign above the door saying shop lease for sale (or words to that effect) and a mobile number.

Yes that's true, but I think it's out of date now.

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Azad Mazil set to re-open on Beech Road apparently - had the menu popped through my door today.

ollie_the_brave

Postby ollie_the_brave » Sat May 02, 2015 1:34 pm

Azad Manzil has opened up on Beech Rd (opposite the Beech) as a kebab shop with woefully mispelt signage. It doesn't look up to much to be honest.

Rumour has it that Epicerie Ludo have taken the lease of Loop on Beech Rd and plan to move there, and to include serving food/wine.

Phila

Postby Phila » Sat May 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Hasn't the guy behind Azid Manzil always part owned that place for ages? I think they have just put up a new sign, snce he has been running it after closing the restaurant. There are rumours regarding Kulsamah too. It's a shame that Juan cannot tae over the former Loop site, but could be good if Ludo does.

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Thu May 07, 2015 10:02 am

Wintergreen wrote:516 Wilbrahim Road (next to Junipers) is to become a restaurant called Palate Chorlton.

Progress can be followed here: https://twitter.com/palatechorlton

stuck my nose in briefly early yesterday evening, nice atmosphere, didn't eat but menu looked decent so will be returning at some point soon. i'm not completely sold on the furniture but it's functional enough and i appreciate the pun :)

Return to “Discussions”