Closing down... opening up

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
andy_landy

Re: Closing down... opening up

Postby andy_landy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:54 am

is that mary n archie's as in the place down burton rd? are we getting a little piece of didsbury? :D

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 pm

Looks like the hardware store next to the bus station Co-op is now going to become a furniture shop.

lister

Postby lister » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Any idea what the former crema unit is becoming? It has permission granted for a cafe/bar but no idea of format?

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57 am

lister wrote:Any idea what the former crema unit is becoming? It has permission granted for a cafe/bar but no idea of format?

Yeah, that's the Mary and Archie's that andy-landy and I mentioned a couple of posts ago. There's some quite detailed information on the proposals on the Council's website - opening late into the evening, sounds quite lively, lots of reassuring - sounding soundproofing for the people who were used to living above a sedate lunchtime cafe . . .

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 am

Sorry, forgot the link. This is the most recent application, but it's just a slight variation to the more substantial one that was agreed ages ago under a different applicant, but didn't seem to go anywhere:

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/20006 ... ications/2

lister

Postby lister » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:00 am

Cheers! Not sure how I missed the post spelling it out!

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 am

The old Wowie Zowie, next to Pad and Oasis, is going to be a charity shop for the Christie, according to a pleasant young man doing a bit of work on it today.

aroundM21

Postby aroundM21 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:13 pm

What''s the story with Beech Road''s Moose becoming Elk ??

Their WiFi password is "RIPMoose" lol !!

Moose (based in Hale) did a good refit of Beggars Bush - I guess the financial model didn't work. Very surprising for the location, perhaps they just spent tooinch? ?

C.Cat

Postby C.Cat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:16 pm

I heard that they had to change the name because a different business with "Moose" in it's name objected to it

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 pm

The TV repair shop next to the Art of Meze has closed down. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest. Was it really repairing TV's all this time? There's a sign outside saying the Istanbul Grill is opening up. If this is by the same team who run the one in Urmston then we're in for a treat.

Also I think the Barakah curry service at Clarendon Road has been mentioned here before. They've just opened a takeaway opposite the Tesco on BMR.

Phila

Postby Phila » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:22 pm

B W Gray are no more. Apparently the senior guy has retired, and there phones are now on redirect to a different firm.

Lord Chandos

Postby Lord Chandos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Phila wrote:B W Gray are no more. Apparently the senior guy has retired, and there phones are now on redirect to a different firm.

That's a shame, they used to do good work .....always a bit pricey though.

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:07 pm

aroundM21 wrote:What''s the story with Beech Road''s Moose becoming Elk ??

Their WiFi password is "RIPMoose" lol !!

Moose (based in Hale) did a good refit of Beggars Bush - I guess the financial model didn't work. Very surprising for the location, perhaps they just spent tooinch? ?

Moose == Elk

C.Cat wrote:I heard that they had to change the name because a different business with "Moose" in it's name objected to it

I am completely intrigued to know how many cafe bars in Chorlton have 'Moose' in the name that this could cause confusion !

ash pole wrote:The TV repair shop next to the Art of Meze has closed down. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest. Was it really repairing TV's all this time? There's a sign outside saying the Istanbul Grill is opening up. If this is by the same team who run the one in Urmston then we're in for a treat.

Also I think the Barakah curry service at Clarendon Road has been mentioned here before. They've just opened a takeaway opposite the Tesco on BMR.

This has been closed for a while and was supposed to open as a pizza place but I guess 00 beat them too it so they didn't bother.

Mr Squirrel

Postby Mr Squirrel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:11 pm

ash pole wrote:The TV repair shop next to the Art of Meze has closed down. Surprised it lasted this long to be honest. Was it really repairing TV's all this time?

It seems not... https://twitter.com/gmpchorlton/status/407570937656406017
A short attention span is very... Oh look, chocolate!

Return to “Discussions”