Closing down... opening up

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
stephennewton

Re: Closing down... opening up

Postby stephennewton » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Morrisons sold off their loss making convenience store chain (which later went bust), but went ahead with the property deal anyway.

Lord Chandos

Postby Lord Chandos » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:38 pm

stephennewton wrote:Morrisons sold off their loss making convenience store chain (which later went bust), but went ahead with the property deal anyway.

Yep ....as far as I was aware they were keeping the development and renting it out last I heard.
The larger unit was something like £70k a year

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Many thanks both.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Didn't know that. Like it.

lister

Postby lister » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:30 pm

andy_landy wrote:so punk n disorderly is now catfish kids. and there is planning application for wowie zowie to become Yet Another Bar.

Think this was refused.

Is a bar opening next to Gray's Larder? seems to have been work going on there for ages now.

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:10 pm

lister wrote:
andy_landy wrote:and there is planning application for wowie zowie to become Yet Another Bar.

Think this was refused.

hmm, been loads of work going on there this past week, looks very bar-like, and looks about to open any day now...

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:23 pm

separately, archy and marie's have applied for a late(r) license

hope they get it. then the other bars on that strip will be able to.

Mr Squirrel

Postby Mr Squirrel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:24 am

The old chinese takeaway on Beech Road has reopened as a cards & gift shop... very similar to Hurricane right next door.
A short attention span is very... Oh look, chocolate!

lister

Postby lister » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:05 pm

The vacant offices between Unicorn and the petrol station have a planning application for conversion of the upper 2 floors into 16 flats.

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:13 pm

lister wrote:The vacant offices between Unicorn and the petrol station have a planning application for conversion of the upper 2 floors into 16 flats.

Ah, that's interesting, Lister. Here's hoping they put a few trees or something in that arid space at the front while they're there. Do you happen to know if anything's doing at the baths, speaking of the Unicorn? There have been a couple of proposals but I don't know if they've gone anywhere. Thanks.

Are blogs having a bit of a resurgence or what, btw? In the style of vinyl?

lister

Postby lister » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:23 pm

There's no indication of any exterior landscaping or any cladding works, so I'd assume these will be reasonably low quality. The application is by "New Park Commercial" who appear to be a lettings agency.

It seems as though the ground floor will remain empty, so no improvement from street level unfortunately.

No idea with the leisure centre, I was aware of the unicorn looking at it and a couple of personal trainers.

I'd prefer it went to unicorn out of the two, they have the funds to maintain and improve the building.

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:24 pm

"No idea with the leisure centre, I was aware of the unicorn looking at it and a couple of personal trainers. "

One of the personal trainers attended the Civic Society meeting a few months ago to outline their pitch (no pun intended).

Their plan is to run it very much on a community basis as a combined Gym and meeting space. No idea on how their plans are progressing though.

yoss

Postby yoss » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Blimey. I've just noticed that this thread is more than 12 years old!

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:01 pm

NIce to see a bit of action on this board. Merry Christmas everyone~!

yoss wrote:Blimey. I've just noticed that this thread is more than 12 years old!

Isn't it 5 years old? Still, I don't remember half the places on the first few pages.

Pearl wrote:Are blogs having a bit of a resurgence or what, btw? In the style of vinyl?

Are there any good Chorlton blogs around? I get tired of reading facebook groups.

yoss

Postby yoss » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Isn't it 5 years old? Still, I don't remember half the places on the first few pages.

Oops, sorry. I've no idea how I managed to get that wrong!

Return to “Discussions”