Painter/decorator needed

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
belperfury

Painter/decorator needed

Postby belperfury » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

Can anyone recommend a cheap and reliable local decorator?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

the loz

Re: Painter/decorator needed

Postby the loz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 am

We used this company.

http://www.arthurdeansonstockport.co.uk ... south.html

The decorator who carried out the work was called Gary, I think Arthur Dean may have been his father. They redecorated two bedrooms, hall, stairs and landing, varnished a number of doors and did all the glossing and woodwork. The work they did for us included stripping, replastering where needed, lining the walls and ceiling and then painting.

They were punctual, professional, quick and cleaned up after each day's work. Highly recommended.

belperfury

Postby belperfury » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 pm

thanks, i'll give them a call.

BeechBum

Postby BeechBum » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:31 am

I know a guy that is pretty good and very resonable. What exactly is it you need doing.

belperfury

Postby belperfury » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 am

Want to redecorate my hall, stairs and upstairs landing. It will need stripping of wallpaper/lining paper, skimming and painting.

Also, will probably rip off old skirting board and replace with new ones. These will need cutting to size, fastening to wall and painting.

I know a plasterer for the skimming, so the decorator doesn't have to do that bit necessarily.

I'd like to get a few quotes, so if you know anyone please pass on their details.

Return to “Discussions”