B&B in Chorlton

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annagib

B&B in Chorlton

Postby annagib » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:49 am

Hi,

Does anyone know of accommodation available in Chorlton - preferrably B&B.
I can only think of the Spread Eagle - has anyone ever stayed there?

It needs to be walking distance to the centre of Chorlton.

Thanks

munchkin

Re: B&B in Chorlton

Postby munchkin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:22 am

The only one I can think of is Abbey Lodge on Wilbraham Road just along from Busy Bee. I haven't stayed there so can't tell you what it is like.

We seem to be a bit short of hotel/B&B accommodation round here

annagib

Postby annagib » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 am

Ah, didn't know about this place, looks perfect!

Thanks

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:49 am

http://www.abbey-lodge.co.uk/, though i haven't stayed there myself. £50+ a night seems a bit excessive.

There's the Premier Inn (Christie Fields), just opposite the cemetery on Barlow Moor Road. It's classed as West Didsbury, but i'd consider it Chorlton. It's certainly within walking distance of Chorlton centre - http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotels/m21. The prices on the website don't look too cheap, but these sort of places normally do offers for advance bookings.

A bit further out, but certainly walkable, there are several places around Talbot Road/Chester Road (think there are rooms at the Cricket Ground, from which you would be able to walk to Chorlton in about 10 minutes via Great Stone Road, no idea about price), or even the Salford Quays hotels on Trafford Road. There's an Etap there, people might have had different experiences to myself, but i've always find them a lot better than Travel Lodges/Premier Inns/etc. Walking distance would be about 2.5 miles, but rooms start from around £25, so if that is a bit too far then you'd have a bit of cash left over for the tram (stop right next door, will get you to Chorlton centre in <10 minutes) or even a taxi (£3.50ish?).

Stevieboy

Postby Stevieboy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:59 am

There's also the Woodstock at 564-566, Wilbraham Rd, Chorlton, Manchester , M21 9LB. Never been and know nothing about it.
To be honest looks a bit run down from the outside but maybe someone on here knows more.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 pm

I've stayed at the Spread Eagle. A few years ago now but it was fine, basic but nice and clean, and very cheap. Can't remember what the breakfast was like though (I was probably too hungover to make it).

A friend stayed at the Abbey Lodge last summer, he said it was good.

I've also stayed at the Woodstock. My advice here is don't.

annie

Postby annie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 pm

The Woodstock has stuffed animal heads in the lounge (or it did last time I was there) :(
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

kosinski

Postby kosinski » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 am

Hi,

I booked a room for my five month's pregnant sister in the Spread Eagle (1 month in advance). When we arrived the pub was on refurbishment and there not rooms available. No ones called us to say nothing! Also, the staff was really rude!

So, good luck if you book a room in this pub! Maybe you will sleep on the street!

Return to “Discussions”