Bar San Juan

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annie

Re: Bar San Juan

Postby annie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:48 am

Oh come on, phila.... selfish tossers? For sitting enjoying some drinks after a meal??
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

Phila wrote:Any of you nay sayers actually been there. There is no room at the bar to eat. Louise, point taken, i meant digestif.
I guess i was just annoyed that one of my preferred nonsense eateries is now full of selfish tossers, much like a lot of Beech road is these days.
BTW for those of you referencing Spain, we are talking Manchester, there is not a choice of them, so it isn't like you just pop along to the next.
I've said enough, I'll get me coat. Maybe I should move to Sunderland.

I've been many times, i make sure i get there early if i want to eat and if the tables are full i just shrug, put it down to bad luck and move on to somewhere else.

Maybe i'm looking at this the wrong way, next time i go in and it's full instead of shifting off somewhere else to enjoy my night i'll order a round of drinks and loom furiously over the table enjoying a post meal drink, the absolute cunts. with any luck i'll ruin their night as well as my own.

ollie_the_brave

Postby ollie_the_brave » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Or - dare I suggest it - speak, in a polite and courteous manner to one of the excellent waiting staff found in said establishment, voice your request for a table in order to eat, perhaps try a smile whilst you do this. Perhaps enjoy a tasty beverage whilst you wait. If you've got your knickers in such a twist about being FORCED to wait by these lesser mortals then perhaps try eating elsewhere.

We've eaten there loads and loads of times over the years and have only had to walk away four or five times due to how busy they are.

The staff will be able to give you an idea of how long you are likely to wait and how many others are waiting for a table.

FFS it ain't rocket science.

Phila

Postby Phila » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Hmm. Arrived there. Told a 45 min wait. Gave up after an hour and a half. Know the staff well enough. No looming. No aggression. Annie. I'm not rising.

annie

Postby annie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Phila wrote:Hmm. Arrived there. Told a 45 min wait. Gave up after an hour and a half. Know the staff well enough. No looming. No aggression. Annie. I'm not rising.

Me?.. How about all the others who disagreed with your attitude as well, or is singling me out just more fun?
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Phila

Postby Phila » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:36 pm

No, I'm not singling you out at all. Don't wish to cross swords with you though.
Oswald. Had I been home earlier I would have.
Ollie I think I answered that one.

Longford Mackem

Postby Longford Mackem » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Few sense of humour bypasses on here....I mean I spend all my spare time trying to find, and then ruin peoples nights out with my selfishness.

We were told 45 mins, and more than happy to have a drink in there while we waited. Atmosphere is always good. If you don't mind waiting, wait. If you want to eat more quickly move on. Its not difficult.

Kristen

Postby Kristen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Phila

I think you are suffering from cabin fever. You have severe pent up anger issues. Go out, go to the gym, don't stay in all the time when you're working from home and definitely don't take it out on the customers of Bar San Juan!

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am

There are a hell of a lot of wind-up merchants on here now, several of who signed up around the same time, have similarly unecessarily confrontational posting styles, know how to push peoples buttons after just a few posts, and who are, in all likelihood, just one very, very bored person. Don't get me wrong, plenty of people who live in Chorlton do need laughing at, and i'll partake in a gentle ribbing, but a few 'characters' on here nowadays seem genuinely quite unpleasant.

Phila

Postby Phila » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Kristen wrote:Phila

I think you are suffering from cabin fever. You have severe pent up anger issues. Go out, go to the gym, don't stay in all the time when you're working from home and definitely don't take it out on the customers of Bar San Juan!

Thanks Kristen. I've actually been working away for the last four days. I don't solely work from home, but Yes I had it coming. Have to say that the Lead Station hit the spot last night, though. Looked in Jaun's and it was heaving so I did the right thing. PS What in all that's Holy is a Gym?

Return to “Discussions”