GP recommendation please

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
titch21

GP recommendation please

Postby titch21 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 am

Hi

Another request for GP in the Chorlton/Whalley Range area please.
My current GP is in Moss Side and leaves me more stressed and upset after every appointment.
I cannot bring myself to see him as I am now at the stage where i have a complete panic attack about seeing him
He Ignores everything I say and asks me if I want to change my medication!!!

I have mental health issues and need a GP who actually will listen to me.

I live in the Chorlton/Whalley area.

Im really desperate, I have tried to register with Dr Chen every week and keep being told come back next week etc to see if maybe a registration appointment is available, however today they told me no appointments until May 2013!!!
Thanks

FurFoxAche

Re: GP recommendation please

Postby FurFoxAche » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:11 pm

I use Dr Sujoy Jaiswal at the Corkland Rd Medical Practice. He is really good and professional. I would highly recommend him. Appointments are usually easy to get, too. Good luck finding someone.
http://www.nhs.uk/Services/GP/Overview/ ... x?id=36749

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 pm

titch21 wrote:Im really desperate, I have tried to register with Dr Chen every week and keep being told come back next week etc to see if maybe a registration appointment is available, however today they told me no appointments until May 2013!!!
Thanks

They always say that at Chorlton Health Centre, usually followed by the comment that if you turn up at 8.30 the next day, someone will see you....

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Fri May 01, 2015 9:19 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this national survey of doctors surgeries reported in the Evening News might be useful for anyone looking for a local GP. Don't know how reliable the methodology was, but this is how central Chorlton's GP's came out, ranked out of almost 8,000 surgeries in England, most highly-rated at the top:

DR CHEN & DAVIS, 3,913
DR RADCLIFFE AND CHEW-GRAHAM, 5,300
CORKLAND ROAD MEDICAL PRACTICE, 5,557
KAYA PRACTICE, 5,983
OSWALD ROAD MEDICAL PRACTICE, 7,882

2014 GP Patient Survey, by Ipsos MORI on behalf of the NHS.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... nd-9154548

ollie_the_brave

Postby ollie_the_brave » Sat May 02, 2015 1:36 pm

FurFoxAche wrote:I use Dr Sujoy Jaiswal at the Corkland Rd Medical Practice. He is really good and professional. I would highly recommend him. Appointments are usually easy to get, too. Good luck finding someone.
http://www.nhs.uk/Services/GP/Overview/ ... x?id=36749

+1 for this Doctor.

I've seen most of the GPs at this practice over the years and all have been good. Dr Foulds there has been excellent with my young daughters. The receptionist can be a bit of a dragon but don't let that put you off.

TossPot

Postby TossPot » Sun May 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Pearl wrote:Sorry to revive an old thread, but this national survey of doctors surgeries reported in the Evening News might be useful for anyone looking for a local GP. Don't know how reliable the methodology was, but this is how central Chorlton's GP's came out, ranked out of almost 8,000 surgeries in England, most highly-rated at the top:

. . . . .

OSWALD ROAD MEDICAL PRACTICE, 7,882

. . . . .

2014 GP Patient Survey, by Ipsos MORI on behalf of the NHS.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... nd-9154548

Interesting. More specifically Oswald Road Medical Practice scored: "Rank 7882 out of 7929 surgeries in England"

According to the survey therefore, Oswald Road Medical Practice is better than 47 other practices in England, and worse than 7,881 practices. I suppose one would need to know more about the survey methodology before commenting. Meanwhile, where might one rent a bulldozer?
'Drive-by insult merchant'

Return to “Discussions”