Traffic Congestion

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
acres lad

Traffic Congestion

Postby acres lad » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Just to let people know that the traffic gridlock in Chorlton is caused by Hardy Lane being closed for the tram extension at Barlow Moor Rd/Hardy Lane for the next 20 weeks! Such fun!

starry_eyed

Re: Traffic Congestion

Postby starry_eyed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Argh. I was stuck in it tonight, now I know I can curse it for the next 20 weeks. :cry:

hardyprodsuk

Postby hardyprodsuk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:36 pm

They have opened up Cundiff Road just down from Tesco so that, although not marked, it does offer an alternative route via Darley Avenue as far as Christie Fields. Things could have been better today but if and when they get the replacement traffic lights into action, the congestion should hopefully ease. But I agree, we who live in Hardy Lane are not looking forward to the next 20 weeks.
Hardy Productions UK
Video filming, editing and production
Address: 44 Hardy Lane • Manchester • M21 6LA • UK
Voice: +44 (0) 7768 890044 • E-mail: hardyprods@gmail.com
URL: http://hardyproductionsuk.com

EmmaF

Postby EmmaF » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Does anyone know if Barlow moor road is still best avoided in and out of chorlton in rush hour because of the tram extension works by Chorlton Park school ? I've been avoiding it for the last 12 months or more and not dared try that route recently incase I am stuck again for ages. Thanks

Badgerr

Postby Badgerr » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:40 am

I usually go down Nell Lane, but I went down Barlow Moor once some time last month outside of rush hour and it looked like there was still major work happening with one lane completely closed and both directions being filtered across one at a time. I don't imagine this is very fun at rush hour.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Its fine now, all open again. Nell lane is still half closed but it was never mad busy

Return to “Discussions”