Burglary/ car stolen

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Rubysoho84

Burglary/ car stolen

Postby Rubysoho84 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Plea for help...
Our house was burgled last night/ this morning when we were in the house asleep. They've taken 2 laptops, work phone, Tom Tom sat nav, hp tablet, bank cards, cash and my house and car keys.... And drove off in my car that was parked outside.

Please, if anyone sees the car report it to police on 101. It's a black alfa romeo Giulietta registration number MF13CUY. The laptops are encrypted so of no use but anyone offered them again, please report. They were both dell ones.

Please be vigilant for your own houses..

yoss

Re: Burglary/ car stolen

Postby yoss » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 am

Bump.

Moved this from Comments and Suggestions to Discussions where more people might see it. Good luck getting your stuff back Rubysoho84

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:50 am

Sorry to hear of your news, Ruby. Would it be ok for me to ask whereabouts in Chorlton the burgulry took place?

For obvious reasons, please don't be specific - just an idea of the general area will do. I'll understand if you'd rather not answer at all.

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Rubysoho84 wrote:
Our house was burgled last night/ this morning when we were in the house asleep.

It's never a nice experience to be burgled but I think it must be worse when they have broken into your house when you are in the house.

Do you mind me asking how you think they got in? I understand if you would prefer not to talk about this.

Rubysoho84

Postby Rubysoho84 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:52 pm

It was in the chorlton green area off kingshill road. Had a police officer inform me today the laptops were found as someone spotted the lowlife/ one of the lowlifes stopping off to put them in a bin (somehow has a conscience to keep chorlton tidy...??) in the nell lane area. Possibly because the idiots realised they'd stolen a charger that didnt work with either and both laptops were encrypted. Small mercies in this rotten situation i guess. Just a sat nav, mobile, hp tablet and my car to go....

A friend of a friend last night had a burglary.... may not be same suspects but they took the same sort of things and got in the house the same way and are only 5 minutes from us.

Just be extra carefull everyone- they're scaling the gated alleys and 6 foot fences to get in so be careful and lock the windows if possible. Such a shame- been a while since a few burglaries happened in the same area, why do they have to ruin it for the rest of us
??!

They've climbed the alley gate, our yard gate and then somehow pushed the back living room window open to climb in (It wasn't locked or bolted, just pulled too given its been so humid recently). They emptied my bag and come across the keys so let themselves out and then drove off.

Rubysoho84

Postby Rubysoho84 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I forgot to say- re: the kind person who took the laptops out of the bin and took them to the police station, i'm very greatful there are still some good people around!

FurFoxAche

Postby FurFoxAche » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Cartwright rd according to gmpchorltons twitter feed

skywalker

Postby skywalker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:44 pm

may be a bit late now, as i've not been on the forum for a while. but it would be worth going into the shops that have CCTV covering beach rd/the green to see if they captured anything.
friendly local alarm engineer.
cctv, burglar alarms, intercom systems, and more!

Return to “Discussions”