A Coffee chain opening in Chorlton

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annie

Re: A Coffee chain opening in Chorlton

Postby annie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm

QueeQueg wrote:
annie wrote:I'm not buying the "look it's nicer since Costa moved in" bollox. Johnsons and Timpsons were perfectly fine shopfronts, and at least offered a proper service, rather than overpriced shite in a paper cup.

Cheadle Hulme's precinct is very similar to Chorlton's, and their "makeover" made a considerable improvement, without need to tear it down...

The clean lines, no garish green paint, and a roof, makes for a much more decent experience. If THIS happened, maybe better shops would move in?

The point about the rates is a good one, and it's killing off small businesses in Chorlton one by one... letting the charity shops, chicken takeaways and various other fronts-for-possibly-illegal-activities move in.

Yawn

Jog on.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

QueeQueg

Postby QueeQueg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:11 pm

You may be the self appointed Prime Minister of this forum but your clearly blind if you think Costa hasn't improved the look of the precinct. No matter what Costa achieved you would have found some way to put it down.

annie

Postby annie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm

QueeQueg wrote:You may be the self appointed Prime Minister of this forum but your clearly blind if you think Costa hasn't improved the look of the precinct. No matter what Costa achieved you would have found some way to put it down.

Oh boil your head. I have an opinion, just like you have. Costa SUCKS, big time. Chorlton didn't need it, and never will, Mr self-appointed generator of bollox.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

QueeQueg

Postby QueeQueg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:17 pm

The only thing Chorlton needs is your permanent absence.....

annie

Postby annie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 pm

QueeQueg wrote:The only thing Chorlton needs is your permanent absence.....

Whereas your scintillating 15 posts have set Chorlton on FIRE, eh? You and your precinct obsession.

Deluded, ignorant, insulting... you're a real catch.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:23 pm

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, no knowledge means one talks drivel all of the time.

Cheadle Hulme Shopping Centre bears no comparison to the Precinct in Chorlton, whatsoever.

Cheadle Hulme's shopping centre was completely wiped out years ago by the arrival of Handforth Dean with it's massive M & S, Tesco etc. In addition a huge John Lewis and Sainsbury's at Cheadle Royal, stuck another nail in.

Just to box things off a bit further, a brand new Waitrose with it's own parking appeared across the road from the Cheadle Hulme Shopping Centre.

Lidl and Aldi, and a massive new Morrisons in Cheadle Heath further surrounded Cheadle Hulme, from the other side.

The owners of the Shopping Centre at Cheadle Hulme were faced with a deserted asset, that was bleeding them dry. Out of desperation, they refurbished the place, at some expense. Despite being fairly cute operators, they stupidly continued to charge (minimally) to park on their empty car park.

The position has only changed very recently, when the owners managed to seduce Asda into opening a small supermarket, and at the same time introduced free parking for up to 3 hours on the car park.

The result is that the Shopping Centre atmosphere has been transformed, the car park is packed all the time, the Asda (which charge the same prices as their bigger stores, unlike their competitors) is a success. The footfall in the centre has improved massively.

The trouble is, Asda offer almost everything you can possibly need, other retailers cannot compete. So a further transition is taking place, with even more empty units, the newsagent (who had been there forever) has gone, and a couple others are on their last legs.

I've been going there for years, it was (still is) the best place to purchase school uniforms at Monkhouses, which btw, is a very successful school uniform / sports clothing etc supplier, within the shopping centre.

annie

Postby annie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:34 pm

blenkinsop wrote:A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, no knowledge means one talks drivel all of the time.

WITHOUT being deliberately insulting .... can you date that photo then? It's the photo I was referring to, not intimate knowledge of the place itself.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:10 pm

I guess that photo is more than a year old, Pimlott News is gone, M & Co at the end of the row facing us is gone (with person in white top, black pants walking in front of it).

The Asda takes up several large units (including the former M & Co).

My point was that nobody spends money, (nobody in the private sector, that is), unless they absolutely have to, and certainly not because some old fogies on an obscure forum, go on about it.

annie

Postby annie » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:21 pm

blenkinsop wrote:I guess that photo is more than a year old, Pimlott News is gone, M & Co at the end of the row facing us is gone (with person in white top, black pants walking in front of it).

My point was that nobody spends money, (nobody in the private sector, that is), unless they absolutely have to, and certainly not because some old fogies on an obscure forum, go on about it.

Couldn't stop yourself could you, you worthless Tory prick?

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:00 am

annie wrote:
blenkinsop wrote:I guess that photo is more than a year old

wait, what?

person A posts a photo and challenges person B to date it

person B dates it

person A calls B a prick

i think i am missing something here

can the trolls please return to under their bridges... ta :)

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:09 am

annie wrote:
blenkinsop wrote:I guess that photo is more than a year old, Pimlott News is gone, M & Co at the end of the row facing us is gone (with person in white top, black pants walking in front of it).

I thought my reply was quite restrained and informative.

I know that obscenity is your strong point, and comes from being brought up on a diet of deep fried Mars Bars, swilled down with Cider.

You really must get your head round the fact that not everyone is even slightly interested in your peculiar, imported fantasies. Do not proclaim to represent anyone but yourself, with your delusional marxist clap trap.

Do me a favour, f*ck off back to whatever hovel you originate from, and give everyone a break.

annie

Postby annie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:17 am

andy_landy wrote:
annie wrote:
blenkinsop wrote:I guess that photo is more than a year old

wait, what?

person A posts a photo and challenges person B to date it

person B dates it

person A calls B a prick

i think i am missing something here

can the trolls please return to under their bridges... ta :)

No, you're not really reading are you...just skimming.

Person A talks about Chorlton precinct
Person B expresses an opinion about that
Person A is snidely insulted by person B, whilst discussing the precinct.
Person B tries to continue discussing the precinct, and asks not to be insulted.
Person A answers the question, and throws an insult.
Person B retaliates, fed up on every single topic turning into "Insult Annie Time"

You see, it's very simple, Andy. I'm an opinionated left-wing woman who has no time for Tories, morons, sh*t-stirrers and other assorted nutters, and I say so, vocally. Unfortunately some people find it irresistible to chuck contextless, and barely-concealed insults, my way, just because they don't like me. The debated subject is often ignored... so you kinda have to ask yourself... do I just put up with that behaviour, or not?

Not.

annie

Postby annie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:20 am

blenkinsop wrote:Do me a favour, f*ck off back to whatever hovel you originate from, and give everyone a break.

You're convincing no-one. You chucked another sniedy insult at me, you got called on it, and got what you deserved.

Taking unprovoked potshots at me will get the same reaction no matter who you are, or how self-superior you might think yourself.

Dick.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:28 am

On the contrary, I'd guess that many on this forum know the score already. No need for me to convince anyone, you sad, foul mouthed old trout.

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Just saying.....
Attachments
Refugees.jpg
Refugees.jpg (121.21 KiB) Viewed 2317 times

Return to “Discussions”