Adams chippy review

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Louise

Re: Adams chippy review

Postby Louise » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:04 pm

You worry a lot for someone who doesn't live in Chorlton

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Not a lot I can say to that banal comment, so I won't.

freeguitarlesson

Postby freeguitarlesson » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:58 am

blenkinsop wrote:Not a lot I can say to that banal comment, so I won't.

But by replying to it, you have said something...

"Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead..."

Phila

Postby Phila » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 am

Got a free Christmas tree with a thirty pound 'bab from Adams on Saturday. Not tried the kebab yet, but the tree looks good. I did not know you should fill the plastic bases with water to help stave off needle drop.
Stupidly I didn't take up the free delivery offer. Imagine if I lived in the Tristan da Cunha; £3.00 for delivery over three miles. Don't mind if I do.
Fair enough to them though, they run a good business, as far as I can see.

stephennewton

Postby stephennewton » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Phila wrote:Got a free Christmas tree with a thirty pound 'bab from Adams on Saturday. Not tried the kebab yet...

Won't it be a bit cold by now?

Phila

Postby Phila » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 pm

stephennewton wrote:Won't it be a bit cold by now?

Have you seen the weather out. Bloody freezing never mind a bit cold!

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:10 pm

FurFoxAche wrote:Atlantic and Royal Cod are both crap. I like the baths supper bar and beech road chippy. I wouldn't try fish and chips from Adam's Chippy as its clearly a kebab shop, depsite what the name suggests.

Having done the rounds, I have to agree, the Baths Supper Bar is excellent. Went for a swim earlier with the kids, then went over the road and ordered Pie, Chips, Gravy, Vimto x 5. Swift service, all was really fresh, portion size was fine, and all agreed it hit the spot.

In no particular order, but the worst have been Atlantic (under cooked chips and Pukka Pies), Adams Chippy (not a clue), Bella House (the women who ran it appear to have moved on, now gone to pot).Royal Cod ok, apart from being asked to buy a large portion of chips every time (upselling a la McDs and KFC).

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:55 pm

i agree atlantic have gone downhill... went about a week ago, as normal there was a big queue, and as normal they ran out of chips just before me... so i got the first lot of the next batch of freshly cooked chips, which was fair enough, except they were crap. greasy, overcooked, orange, just horrible. shall probably be another 6 months before i return.

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 am

Andy, I agree that Atlantic is a bit scummy but, as you say, it's always got people queing in it, hasn't it?

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 am

the quality of chippies in manchester in general is crap, even frankie's on burton road which was always brilliant has gone downhill since changing hands.

massolina

Postby massolina » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 pm

On the way back from the vets in Didsbury I stopped at a new chippy opposite the Red Lion near The Christie, it is the best one I've been to in years. On the first try they put the food into polystyrene boxes which made the batter a bit soggy, but even so it was by far the nicest I've had in Manchester. Now when I go I ask them just to wrap it in paper and it remains crispy. Good sized fish, well cooked chips and light anf fluffy batter. We've been for or five times now and haven't be disappointed yet.

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:38 pm

The best chippy in Manchester is next to the Garrick's Head pub off Moorside Road in Urmston. Stumbled across it by accident a couple of years ago. Beautiful. They've won a few awards for their chips as well, so not just the ramlings of a madman.

Return to “Discussions”