Adams chippy review

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annie

Re: Adams chippy review

Postby annie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:06 pm

I thought the "review" was suspicious too. Ridiculously so.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:52 pm

First chips from here tonight. Poor. Not cooked properly. Sausage nice though (even if I had to wait ages for it). It is a kebab shop really, their name isn't well chosen.

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:17 pm

so has anyone had a kebab from there, and if so was it any good?

Shaggy

Postby Shaggy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm

I had one and it smelled disgusting and looked disgusting. I ate it nonetheless and then about two hours later I was sick everywhere, and then I shat my pants.*

I wouldn't recommend them. Still, it tasted marginally less disgusting than it had smelled and looked, so that was nice.

* The last bit may or may not be true.

freeguitarlesson

Postby freeguitarlesson » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:21 am

Shaggy wrote:...[A]nd then I shat my pants.

I read an AA Gill review of King Lear at The Barbican that ended in exactly the same way.
"Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead..."

decadere

Postby decadere » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:37 am

My friend had a chicken kebab from there last week and that was really good - chicken was flavored nicely and the naan was fresh. I stupidly had the fish and chips, which were inedible. The batter on the fish was really bad - they'd unsuccessfully tried to add herbs to the under-cooked batter. The chips were borderline raw, too. Not good. As people have said, it's more of a kebab shop than chippy and fortunately it does them well...

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Not given this one a go yet. I walk past it most days/evenings and the lads behind the counter look like they'd rather be anywhere else than chucking out doners. I'm not saying that if you're having to put in a shift at a fast food shop you should be walking round like someone who's come up on the lottery, but they've got a proper surly gig going on, when you look in the window.

If I want a good kebab, I put up with the queue at Turkish Delight, because I know that when I get it, it's going to be of a high quality, particularly if chicken is involved.

If I want a ten pint kebab, I drop into Zam Zams. Their extra-large doner is a force to be reckoned with and feels like you're taking on the entire elephant's foot, with the rod removed. It's like a Man v Food challenge and is also extremely good value.

Can't really see Adams picking up much more business than the pass-throughs who don't know any of the other places.

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:00 pm

The best and most reliable kebab in Chorlton is by far the Baths Chippy. They serve it on a very thin bread, not far off a chapati, so you don't have to put up with all the pointless and heavy excess carbs. I find the large ones too big, but the medium, with mild sauce, extra chillies - perfection. £3 as well, and you don't feel like you've eaten a house afterwards.

KingNailer

Postby KingNailer » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:18 am

still_ill wrote:The best and most reliable kebab in Chorlton is by far the Baths Chippy. They serve it on a very thin bread, not far off a chapati, so you don't have to put up with all the pointless and heavy excess carbs. I find the large ones too big, but the medium, with mild sauce, extra chillies - perfection. £3 as well, and you don't feel like you've eaten a house afterwards.

Panicos. End of Thread.

freeguitarlesson

Postby freeguitarlesson » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 am

KingNailer wrote:
still_ill wrote:The best and most reliable kebab in Chorlton is by far the Baths Chippy. They serve it on a very thin bread, not far off a chapati, so you don't have to put up with all the pointless and heavy excess carbs. I find the large ones too big, but the medium, with mild sauce, extra chillies - perfection. £3 as well, and you don't feel like you've eaten a house afterwards.

Panicos. End of Thread.

Not as good since they moved location. And they don't do real chips anymore!
"Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead..."

Rossington III

Postby Rossington III » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:25 am

Saagans in fallowfield. Case dismissed

Pearl

Postby Pearl » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Top marks to Adams Chippy for publicity though - they have now gone global with their imaginative festive offer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11 ... 63632.html

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Adams Chippy (chippy my ar*e) is the latest wheeze from the guys that run the fruit and veg shop (and Xmas trees), next to the Barbakan. They have at least one car wash in Whalley Range too, but the 'Jewel in the crown', is the fruit and veg.

stephennewton

Postby stephennewton » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:37 pm

blenkinsop wrote:Adams Chippy (chippy my ar*e) is the latest wheeze from the guys that run the fruit and veg shop (and Xmas trees), next to the Barbakan. They have at least one car wash in Whalley Range too, but the 'Jewel in the crown', is the fruit and veg.

Wondering what qualifies this enterprise as a 'wheeze'. I've made the occasional purchase from the fruit and veg shop, including some hard to find herbs and spices. Always been satisfied and never got the feeling they were having a chuckle behind my back.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:22 pm

The wheezes to which I refer, are the 'Free Donner Kebab at Adam's Chippy with every Xmas Tree' offer, in addition to calling a Kebab takeaway 'Adam's Chippy'.

Return to “Discussions”