zam zams

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
KingNailer

zam zams

Postby KingNailer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 pm

curry from there at weekend, the tandoori lamb chops up there with tayyabs of whitechapel, the other dishes ace as well

get on it

(i don't work there btw)

bacononthebeech

Re: zam zams

Postby bacononthebeech » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks for the tip, you were dead right about the tandoori lamb chops - they were bloody brilliant!

http://www.bacononthebeech.com/2013/10/zam-zam-chorlton.html
http://www.bacononthebeech.com/
Twitter @Bacononthebeech

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Not had the chops, but they look fantastic. Will give them a go next time i'm passing.

Zam Zam's extra large doner is a thing of horrific beauty. With the density of an anvil, taken with just red onions, it gets me all the way back home every time.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 pm

The curries there are something special. I don't really know what it is but they're far superior to anything else I've had in Chorlton (and believe me, I've had a LOT of experience in this area).

Let's just keep this to ourselves though eh.

bacononthebeech

Postby bacononthebeech » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:08 pm

ash pole wrote:The curries there are something special. I don't really know what it is but they're far superior to anything else I've had in Chorlton (and believe me, I've had a LOT of experience in this area).

Let's just keep this to ourselves though eh.

I like Coriander but it's a different style.
You been to Mughli in Rusholme? The most similar I reckon, especially if you like Lamb Nihari and stuff like that.
Twitter @Bacononthebeech

annie

Postby annie » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Totally agree... their Biryani is fantastic too.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Phila

Postby Phila » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:17 pm

To my untrained eye Bacon's photo of the chops makes them look burnt? Keep meaning to give Zam Zam's a try though!

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 am

Good to see you’ve finally reviewed (and enjoyed) my favourite takeaway in Chorlton. Did you not try their naans? They’re fantastic. Regarding the service, most of the staff there don’t seem to to speak very good English, but the guy who possibly owns it does (I’m not sure, but he seems to be head chef), and he’s usually enthusiastic about talking about the food, and his occasional off-menu experiments we’ve tried. I reckon he would have gladly recommended something, but like a few things there, it's pot luck whether or not he's there. One day I’ll remember to ask him what ‘Krush IPA Spinach’ is.

bacononthebeech

Postby bacononthebeech » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 am

Phila wrote:To my untrained eye Bacon's photo of the chops makes them look burnt? Keep meaning to give Zam Zam's a try though!

I know they look burnt and a bit dry, but the flavour is really superb! It's got that char-grilled taste.
Twitter @Bacononthebeech

bacononthebeech

Postby bacononthebeech » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:57 am

Danny wrote:Good to see you’ve finally reviewed (and enjoyed) my favourite takeaway in Chorlton. Did you not try their naans? They’re fantastic. Regarding the service, most of the staff there don’t seem to to speak very good English, but the guy who possibly owns it does (I’m not sure, but he seems to be head chef), and he’s usually enthusiastic about talking about the food, and his occasional off-menu experiments we’ve tried. I reckon he would have gladly recommended something, but like a few things there, it's pot luck whether or not he's there. One day I’ll remember to ask him what ‘Krush IPA Spinach’ is.

My regret is that it's taken so long! I think we left the naan a bit long as it was cold; good though. Turns out the family used to own Tandoori Kitchin (avoiding spam) which was always a classic restaurant in Rusholme.
Going back soon for more!
Twitter @Bacononthebeech

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 am

bacononthebeech wrote:Turns out the family used to own Tandoori Kitchin (avoiding spam) which was always a classic restaurant in Rusholme.

Did not know that. Used to go there a lot too, best one in Rusholme before it closed.

Edwinacurry

Postby Edwinacurry » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 pm

I also loved the tandoori spam - sorry, even had my 30th birthday meal there. Excellent food and nan bread and rice was particularly memorable. So, will definitely try this place!

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:58 pm

CharlieB wrote:Zam Zam's extra large doner is a thing of horrific beauty. With the density of an anvil, taken with just red onions, it gets me all the way back home every time.

A+++++, would eat again

Repeat

Postby Repeat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 am

Zam zams best place to eat in chorlton,often have the chops and currying and the price is amazing.

Phila

Postby Phila » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:09 am

This evening the opportunity to try one finally arose. I have to say that it was a little OTT on the Chili. Pretty good though but I think I'll stick with Turkish Delight in future.

Return to “Discussions”