zam zams

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
andy_landy

Re: zam zams

Postby andy_landy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:16 pm

this pm i had a zam zams for the first time in ooh 3 or 4 weeks. unimpressed for the first time ever - visibly and edibly different brand of doner meat. very greasy indeed, felt like a real step down in quality. will give them one more shot before i move on.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Walked past this afternoon and noticed that they seem to have done out the interior slightly, adding a couple of tables.

Hope it's not under new ownership or something.

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:48 am

actually yes now you mention it there was a new cabinet at the back, one table gone, and what looked like new red tiling at one pillar (work in progress)

hmm!

FurFoxAche

Postby FurFoxAche » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Had a chicken kebab from there on Friday. Same good quality. Massive amounts of chicken breast.

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Having been an avid visitor to Tandoori spam - sorry, I took the lamb chop advice on this thread and wasn't disappointed.

They were excellent. I noticed that he gave them a few minutes in the tandoor before transferring them to the grill. The char on the chops was magnificent and at £5.60 for five big chops with salad, sauces and a fresh naan, an absolute bargain of a meal.

My only mistake was to let my two eldest lads (15 and 13) have a taste. Subsequent visits have seen me having to buy ten chops, four for me and three each for the lads.

I now have the classic dilemma of wanting to spread the news about this little culinary diamond in our midst whilst also wanting to keep it to myself.
Last edited by CharlieB on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

annie

Postby annie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Same people... bit of a refurb.... got rid of the breakfast bar... more tables.... trying to boost the sit-in market I guess.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:23 pm

andy_landy wrote:this pm i had a zam zams for the first time in ooh 3 or 4 weeks. unimpressed for the first time ever - visibly and edibly different brand of doner meat. very greasy indeed, felt like a real step down in quality. will give them one more shot before i move on.

had a kebab on tuesday, and it was spot on. hopefully my previous experience was a one off!

annie

Postby annie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm

andy_landy wrote:
andy_landy wrote:this pm i had a zam zams for the first time in ooh 3 or 4 weeks. unimpressed for the first time ever - visibly and edibly different brand of doner meat. very greasy indeed, felt like a real step down in quality. will give them one more shot before i move on.

had a kebab on tuesday, and it was spot on. hopefully my previous experience was a one off!

Yeah... had their biryani last week. Gorge.

They're putting in an ice cream chiller at the back.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Return to “Discussions”