Closing down and opening up

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
stephennewton

Closing down and opening up

Postby stephennewton » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 pm

It's been a while since we had any news on places closing down opening up or rumours of the same. So is Chorlton going through a rare period of stability?

Anyway, one establishment which appeared to be packing up when I last walked past is Videotech, the secondhand TV/TV repair place next door to Ken Foster's Cycle Logic on Barlow Moor Road. Yesterday the police tweeted this pic of what they found in the basement.
Attachments
farm.jpg
farm.jpg (196.17 KiB) Viewed 3920 times

munchkin

Re: Closing down and opening up

Postby munchkin » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:05 pm

that's an odd place to grow christmas trees

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:26 pm

I always wondered how they kept that place going.

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:27 pm

munchkin wrote:that's an odd place to grow christmas trees

:lol:

I do wonder if that is why they left the televisions on all the time .... so anybody with a heat detector would think it was the heat from the televisions? Actually maybe that only applies when they use the police helicopter when they are looking for this type of den in lofts.

I wonder how they found this little den out.

Stick to cooking crystal meths I say :wink:

lister

Postby lister » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Apparently the police had a report of an attempted break in....

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:01 pm

There are a couple of other businesses in Chorlton that i walk past and always think "they CAN'T be making money". Not going to name then in relation to a thread about a cannabis farm, like, but i do sometimes wonder if they're fronts for stuff. Maybe i've been watching too many gangster films.

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:20 pm

still_ill wrote:There are a couple of other businesses in Chorlton that i walk past and always think "they CAN'T be making money". Not going to name then in relation to a thread about a cannabis farm, like, but i do sometimes wonder if they're fronts for stuff. Maybe i've been watching too many gangster films.

I know exactly what you mean. I was convinced that Cupcake place on Oswald Road was a front for something as they used to only be open something like 3 days a week however I think I was wrong as I didn't realise just how popular cupcakes are. (They have since closed due to not being able to extend the lease I believe).

To me a sign of a place possibly being a front for something else is if they don't have materials. e.g. I know of a health spa (perfect example) and the husband of the woman who runs this deals in scrap metal .... just made me wonder.

Louise

Postby Louise » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm

My house in Albany Rd overlooked a house in Keppel Rd. We had an entertaining day watching the police dismantle a cannabis farm there. They loaded the contents of the flat into a big van. Why did they mow the lawn and load the clippings into the van though? Perhaps they were told to make sure they cleared up every piece of grass.

ArcticFox

Postby ArcticFox » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:51 am

Sarah_B wrote:
munchkin wrote:that's an odd place to grow christmas trees

:lol:

I do wonder if that is why they left the televisions on all the time .... so anybody with a heat detector would think it was the heat from the televisions? Actually maybe that only applies when they use the police helicopter when they are looking for this type of den in lofts.

Stick to cooking crystal meths I say :wink:

Gustavo Fring has clearly moved to Chorlton judging by Wilbraham Road's "Chicken Mile".
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Return to “Discussions”