Saturday night...

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annie

Saturday night...

Postby annie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:25 am

It was pretty quiet out in Chorlton on Saturday... I even got a seat somewhere!

Was also charmed by crowd of thirty young people out in Morley Cheeks' smoking area, all singing xmas songs in unison, enthusiastically. Marvellous :)
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

bufty1

Re: Saturday night...

Postby bufty1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:28 am

Like it Annie - cant beat some good Christmas spirit. Whats the plans for NYE?

Phila

Postby Phila » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:07 am

Christmas surely feels different this year. Not are whether its due to it being mid week? Definitely less rushed. Happy Christmas to the CW faithful. X

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:54 pm

annie wrote:It was pretty quiet out in Chorlton on Saturday... I even got a seat somewhere!

I've noticed this too over the last few years. My instinct has always been, it'll be packed tonight but it never is.

The last Saturday before Christmas in both the city centre and in Chorlton is quiet. I think it's due to a combination of reasons, e.g. students have already gone home and people have finished at work and have then headed off home for Christmas or perhaps are getting on with things with one last meet up with friends on Christmas Eve.

Not sure why it is so quiet though as I head off home on Christmas Eve and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this and am always surprised why it is generally quiet on the last Saturday before Christmas.

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:34 am

Phila wrote: Happy Christmas to the CW faithful. X

And to you too ...

Return to “Discussions”