Easiest way to Cheadle?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Chudboy

Easiest way to Cheadle?

Postby Chudboy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello,

I've been living in Chorlton for around a year now and I'm starting a new job in Cheadle.

I can only assume, maybe some people in Chorlton work in Stockport or in the Cheadle area and would like some advice on the easiest way to get there by public transport?

Are there any buses that go to Stockport? And if so, is there a stop thats closest to Cheadle rather than having to go into Stockport?

Anyway, some advice would be great. Thanks

Chud

sky blue

Re: Easiest way to Cheadle?

Postby sky blue » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:26 pm

Have you tried http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/enterJourneyPlan.do?hss=CtOGF219367966
Depending on where exactly in Chorlton you are, tram to East Didsbury, then bus to Cheadle.

KingNailer

Postby KingNailer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 am

get a day ticket on bus, get 23 or 23a to didsbury, get off at costa, then get x57 to cheadle

Edwinacurry

Postby Edwinacurry » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Cheadle is annoyingly difficult to get to by public transport, as the x57 is so limited. A lot of people just walk the 15 min walk down Manchester road from Parrswood into Cheadle village. Getting to Parrswood is easy though. There is also another bus maybe the 370? Arriva bus down Manchester road but they are also like hens teeth.

Chudboy

Postby Chudboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm

sky blue wrote:Have you tried http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/enterJourneyPlan.do?hss=CtOGF219367966
Depending on where exactly in Chorlton you are, tram to East Didsbury, then bus to Cheadle.

Hello, I'll actually check out that website. I searched for buses etc on the stage coach website, didn't really give me anything worth while back.

Cheers for the recommendation.

Chudboy

Postby Chudboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm

KingNailer wrote:get a day ticket on bus, get 23 or 23a to didsbury, get off at costa, then get x57 to cheadle

x57? Cheers!

Chudboy

Postby Chudboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Edwinacurry wrote:Cheadle is annoyingly difficult to get to by public transport, as the x57 is so limited. A lot of people just walk the 15 min walk down Manchester road from Parrswood into Cheadle village. Getting to Parrswood is easy though. There is also another bus maybe the 370? Arriva bus down Manchester road but they are also like hens teeth.

I just walked up Manchester Road to the tram stop in east didsbury, it seemed annoyingly long. Probably because it was the end of the day, and it was raining. Journey just seemed longer than it was haha!

Yeah getting to Parrswood is quite simple, either a tram or a bus from Chorlton. It's just getting to Parrswood to work. It's not that I'm necessarily lazy, its just that they're very strick with lateness, and I'd rather not get into the habit!

Chudboy

Postby Chudboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Thank you guys for the advice etc.

I do have a lift to Cheadle most days, but on some others I'll need to figure out my own way there!

Return to “Discussions”