Found: young male tabby, Whalley Range

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
cheely

Found: young male tabby, Whalley Range

Postby cheely » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:19 am

Hi - not sure if this cat is actually lost - haven't seem him around here before today but he seems extremely hungry, desperate for attention and is wandering around the Cromwell Ave area of Whalley Range - near Manley Park.
He's an entire male - looks about a year old and seems very hard of hearing...anyone lost a cat of this description?
He's running up to everyone as if he's looking for his owner...
Chris

Mr Squirrel

Re: Found: young male tabby, Whalley Range

Postby Mr Squirrel » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:55 am

Ashleigh Vets - opposite the shops at the bottom of Upper Chorlton Road - have a lost & found pets notice board in reception. Probably worth putting a note (perhaps with photo?) on there.
A short attention span is very... Oh look, chocolate!

ElevenEleven

Postby ElevenEleven » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:42 pm

http://www.scraggywaggs.com/ may be able to help. They are well connected in Chorlton. I hope this little fella finds his home!

cheely

Postby cheely » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Cheers All,
Tabby seems to have moved on now: guessing he might have just moved into the area and got a bit lost... hopefully he's safe and sound now - thanks for all the advice!
Chris

cheely

Postby cheely » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Turns out Tabby still hasn't been claimed and is lodging on Cromwell ave - he adopted a house and the residents are looking after him until his identity is known...he's been taken to a vet and they think he's about 4 (tho' seems much younger)
He's really affectionate, housetrained and not micro chipped.
My 14 year old cats wouldn't stand for a new arrival - and we still think someone has lost him and is missing him.
Just posting this update in the hope someone might be looking for him.
Photos posted on lampposts in Cromwell ave area/local vets.
Chris

Louise

Postby Louise » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24 pm

If he hasn't been neutered he will wear out his welcome anywhere. There are few stinks as stinky as a male cat's spray. He will always be out looking for pussy as well. Chopping his ballocks off really is the kindest cut for male cats.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 pm

What's even worse, is a Persian type cat (the size / weight of a Shetland Pony) taking great pleasure in crapping all over my garden. Despite taking preventative measures (including drenching it with a powerful water cannon), it keeps coming back, and doing it's business. Lives next door but one, but I'm sure the owner can't do anything about it.

SMOKEY

Postby SMOKEY » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:20 pm

I was looking out of my upstairs window a couple of days ago and saw a cat do an incredible thing.
He did his poo in next doors garden and then buried it
Phenomenal !

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:33 pm

blenkinsop wrote:What's even worse, is a Persian type cat (the size / weight of a Shetland Pony) taking great pleasure in crapping all over my garden. Despite taking preventative measures (including drenching it with a powerful water cannon), it keeps coming back, and doing it's business. Lives next door but one, but I'm sure the owner can't do anything about it.

Sounds to me like the owner has got the cat very well trained.

Return to “Discussions”