"Chorlton has the highest burglary rate in the country"

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Reeves

Re: "Chorlton has the highest burglary rate in the country"

Postby Reeves » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 pm

belperfury wrote:
unfortunately for your theory, having a police crime number is essential to making an insurance claim, so that kind of clears that one up.

Actually that is incorrect. When I claimed for my stolen bike I didn't provide a crime number.

"Advantage Annie"

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Reeves wrote:
belperfury wrote:
unfortunately for your theory, having a police crime number is essential to making an insurance claim, so that kind of clears that one up.

Actually that is incorrect. When I claimed for my stolen bike I didn't provide a crime number.

I got a crime number (eventually) but didn't make an insurance claim so we cancel each other out.

Reeves

Postby Reeves » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Lol!

belperfury

Postby belperfury » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Reeves wrote:Actually that is incorrect. When I claimed for my stolen bike I didn't provide a crime number.

good luck with getting your claim paid out.

moneysupermarket (who came up with the report) are pretty clear on the matter.
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/home-in ... g-a-claim/

Reeves

Postby Reeves » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:01 pm

belperfury wrote:
Reeves wrote:Actually that is incorrect. When I claimed for my stolen bike I didn't provide a crime number.

good luck with getting your claim paid out.

moneysupermarket (who came up with the report) are pretty clear on the matter.
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/home-in ... g-a-claim/

Claimed and received payment. All happened last year. Did everything over the phone and they didn't ask for a crime number.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:13 pm

What's to debate? If Insurers say Chorlton 'has the highest burglary rate' in the UK, it only confirms what we already know. The fact that the police confirm this is almost a coincidence, as they cannot be trusted with statistics, as all must be aware. The Police tend to massage crime figures, to suit their agenda at any given time. A disgraceful reality, exposed by Insurers who foot the bill, and then recoup their payouts (and more) with increased premiums in M21.

Btw, I do pay for home insurance for a property in Chorlton, just in case any loud mouthed Scottish economic migrant, wishes to challenge my right to have an opinion.
Last edited by blenkinsop on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

annie

Postby annie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm

blenkinsop wrote:What's to debate? If Insurers say Chorlton is the crime hotspot in the UK, it only confirms what we already know. The fact that the police confirm this is almost a coincidence, as they cannot be trusted with statistics, as all must be aware. The Police tend to massage crime figures, to suit their agenda at any given time. A disgraceful reality, exposed by Insurers who foot the bill, and then recoup their payouts (and more) with increased premiums in M21.

Btw, I do pay for home insurance for a property in Chorlton, just in case any loud mouthed Scottish economic migrant, wishes to challenge my right to have an opinion.

Are you ALWAYS going to take the opportunity to make thinly-veiled personal barbs in my direction? Just so I know,...
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Awa' an bile yer heid, yer bum's out the windae!

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:32 pm

I think the real story here is that there has been little improvement since we were last top a few years ago.

Someone is not doing their job properly.

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 pm

ash pole wrote:I think the real story here is that there has been little improvement since we were last top a few years ago.

Someone is not doing their job properly.

That is exactly it. People may say oh, but Chorlton is a relatively affluent area, most people in Chorlton have household insurance so they are more likely to make a claim, but Chorlton has a good nightlife, etc, etc - yes this also all may be true but we're not talking about that. The simple fact is there is a high burglary rate here.

http://victorchamberlain.blogspot.co.uk ... -high.html

If I was a politician I would instead be asking what I can do to reduce the number of burglaries instead of all these reports saying, 'oh but Chorlton is such a lovely area though... this can't be right'.

Toria may be able to help me out here as I know you follow GMP Chorlton on Twitter but my recollection a little while ago was they were asking for suggestions as to how they could improve. Somebody suggested more night time patrols. They replied with something along the lines of resources wouldn't stretch that far (or something like that). So basically one of the key things that would reduce burglaries was clearly suggested to them and they didn't want to know - no wonder burglaries are so high.

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Sarah_B wrote:Toria may be able to help me out here as I know you follow GMP Chorlton on Twitter but my recollection a little while ago was they were asking for suggestions as to how they could improve. Somebody suggested more night time patrols. They replied with something along the lines of resources wouldn't stretch that far (or something like that). So basically one of the key things that would reduce burglaries was clearly suggested to them and they didn't want to know - no wonder burglaries are so high.

That was me, the conversation went like this:
GMP Chorlton @GMPChorlton Dec 1
Giant XTCTZ Black & White bike,white pedals & white saddle stolen from shed Neale Road btw 0000-0240 hrs last night. Any info plse call 101

‏@t0riaj Dec 1
@GMPChorlton bike thefts are happening every Satudray at same time in same neighbourhood, maybe increase patrols?

GMP Chorlton ‏@GMPChorlton Dec 1
@t0riaj it is unfortunately not out only issue and they have to be dealt with as staffing allows. We do change shifts to work extended...
nights and the intel unit also assist with these shifts. We don't have total flexibility with shifts though, so need to adapt.

GMP Chorlton ‏@GMPChorlton Dec 1
@t0riaj following on from what my colleague has said, we work tirelessly in the neighbourhood office to disrupt & target our known active
offenders by conducting daily/nightly house visits & stopping them when they are on expensive looking bikes & seizing the bikes off
them. It becomes difficult to trace bikes to crimes due to serial numbers not being noted down by the victims.

Phila

Postby Phila » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 am

Just a small point here, but who, reading this, has a note of their frame number?

steved

Postby steved » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm

On a connected note last night I saw a lone bobby on the beat checking down alleys around Keppel Rd - I was surprised since he was a) a genuine bobby, tit helmet and all; and more so b) patrolling on his own (at least at the time). Glad to see it I was.

TossPot

Postby TossPot » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:56 pm

Phila wrote:Just a small point here, but who, reading this, has a note of their frame number?

https://www.bikeregister.com/
'Drive-by insult merchant'

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:08 am

Down to third this year -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ak-in.html

Still, not bad.

Return to “Discussions”