Barakah Foods, Whalley Range...

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
still_ill

Barakah Foods, Whalley Range...

Postby still_ill » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 am

We've been getting our takeaways from here recently. Think we've been a bit slow on the uptake, didn't even know the place existed until around a month ago. The best takeaway Indian we've tasted by an absolute mile, and somehow pretty cheap (around £6 for curry, rice and naan). Really wonderful, hot, succulent, authentic, non-greasy, home made curries.

Give them a go, if you're not already. They're on Hawarden Road, off Clarendon Road. Don't know if there's a shop as well as we've only had deliveries after a recommendation from a friend, but much better than anything else in the area.

lister

Re: Barakah Foods, Whalley Range...

Postby lister » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Their registered address is residential?

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:59 pm

lister wrote:Their registered address is residential?

still_ill wrote:Don't know if there's a shop as well as we've only had deliveries...

???

Postby ??? » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 am

Yes they run it out of their spam - sorry I think - but it is registered with the Council and has all the hygiene tests etc as a normal commercial spam - sorry would. As such it is delivery only.

Excellent quality of food and service - particularly for the price. I like the way you can order at 5pm and specify your delivery time for later in the evening. Always comes within 5-10 mins of requested time.

My only slight criticism is that all the food is obviously cooked in one batch and can be quite spicy. Fine for me but the wife sometimes struggles a bit. As it is already cooked you cannot ask them to tone the spice down a bit.

Return to “Discussions”