St Clement's Church - where exactly is this church?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Sarah_B

St Clement's Church - where exactly is this church?

Postby Sarah_B » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Please excuse my ignorance but I see so many events being advertised at the local churches I'm not sure where exactly these churches are.

I've got a few questions:

1.) St Clement's Church - where exactly is this? I thought it was the church on the corner of Manchester Road/Edge Lane but I'm not sure if I'm getting mixed up with Chorlton Methodist Church? I think I am thinking of the correct church from looking at this map.

http://www.stclementschurch.co.uk/chorlton.html

So if this is St Clements C of E where is Chorlton Methodist church? Is that church near the undertakers on Manchester Road?

2.) What is the name of the church on the left hand side of the road (if you've got the four banks behind you) near Sandy Lane?

3.) I'm sure one of the churches puts on a beer festival in the summer but not sure which one does?

Thank you

Pearl

Re: St Clement's Church - where exactly is this church?

Postby Pearl » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Sarah, St Clement's Church is on the corner of St Clement's Road and Edge Lane. They have quite a few fairs and festivals and whatnot, and it's one of the nicest venues of the many, many churches in Chorlton that do non-churchy-type things imo.

I think Chorlton Methodist Church is the one that's on what you might call the "other" Manchester Road. Not sure if you know that there are two of those in Chorlton? I think this is the one with the theatre in it?

I think the one you mean near Sandy Lane is Chorlton Central Church? The one that does computer courses and has various community activities?

Crikey, for someone who doesn't do God, I seem to know more about Chorlton's churches than I realised . . .

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Thank you Pearl, that's really helpful.

You have confirmed I am thinking of the correct location for St Clement's church.

Yes I do know of the 'other' Manchester Road - whenever I walk down that road I can't help but look at the unusual detached house there with the very modern extension. I think in future I should pay more attention to the churches nearby instead ;-)

I think St Clement's church is the one I'm thinking of that does the beer festivals too.

Thanks again.

Reeves

Postby Reeves » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:16 am

Pearl wrote:I think Chorlton Methodist Church is the one that's on what you might call the "other" Manchester Road. Not sure if you know that there are two of those in Chorlton?

I believe, historically Manchester Road was one long road through Chorlton. But they split it when they built the precinct and its car park.

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 am

Sarah_B wrote:I think St Clement's church is the one I'm thinking of that does the beer festivals too.

yep, st clements church hosts a beer festival in the summer. they also have monthly screenings from the chorlton film institute, are one of the main music venues at chorlton arts festival, and occasionally have random arts and crafts fairs and other music.

the methodist church is indeed by the undertakers (pepperdine's?)... there is also the edge theatre and arts centre which is slightly to the side of the methodist church.

chorlton central church is on barlow moor road, not quite on the corner of sandy lane, but heading that way. i think they were the hub for the chorlton coffee festival last year.

Return to “Discussions”