At the Mersey (... idle chat)

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
aroundM21

At the Mersey (... idle chat)

Postby aroundM21 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:54 pm

Man city council are making propers access - both steps and a ramp for the disabled and cyclists - to the footbridge at Jackson's Boat.

Good idea. Doesn't seem as if Trafford are reciprocating, though it is a little easier on that side.

Also saw a 2-man (I suppose I should say person) cart testing the Metrolink airport line track over the new bridge.

Funnily it seemed to power itself as there was no obvious engine or motor, and they did not seem to be cycling.

The park & ride carpark is coming along at the high field oppposite the visitor's centre. Strangely the access road seems wide enougb for only 1-way traffic but I didn't see a second access.

Fresh air makes me notice little things in life it seems ....

ash pole

Re: At the Mersey (... idle chat)

Postby ash pole » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 pm

aroundM21 wrote:Strangely the access road seems wide enougb for only 1-way traffic but I didn't see a second access.

Apparently the park and ride is for commuters, so the access road is going to be 1-way in the morning, then 1-way the other way in the afternoon.

annie

Postby annie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:25 pm

ash pole wrote:
aroundM21 wrote:Strangely the access road seems wide enougb for only 1-way traffic but I didn't see a second access.

Apparently the park and ride is for commuters, so the access road is going to be 1-way in the morning, then 1-way the other way in the afternoon.

Oh well that'll work then won't it.... (!!) :(
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 pm

The new access ramp is a concrete monstrosity.

andy_landy

Postby andy_landy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:19 pm

you were expecting organic hand-knitted cobbles?

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm

It's like the two metrolink stations. Why have something simple and aesthetic when you can have an overly elaborate eyesore.

Return to “Discussions”