help needed finding a room/flat locally...

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
annie

Re: help needed finding a room/flat locally...

Postby annie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:13 pm

oswaldgold wrote:i know it sounds a bit leftfield but it's actually how you find a house, you should try it.

You charmer.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 pm

just a bit of tough love tbh. it sounds like this might be a young person who doesn't have the confidence to be decisive, going out and meeting potential housemates/viewing is always daunting before you start but not doing it and procrastinating is a recipe for disaster and runs the risk of compounding the problem.

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:51 am

oswaldgold wrote:just a bit of tough love tbh. it sounds like this might be a young person who doesn't have the confidence to be decisive, going out and meeting potential housemates/viewing is always daunting before you start but not doing it and procrastinating is a recipe for disaster and runs the risk of compounding the problem.

Quite a bit of projecting going on here. It's a bank holiday weekend, go out and get a bit of sun.

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:15 pm

i've had plenty thanks, have you bothered to pick up the phone yet?

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Part of looking for a property is getting other peoples' opinions on them, an internet forum is a great place to do this.

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 am

ash pole wrote:Part of looking for a property is getting other peoples' opinions on them, an internet forum is a great place to do this.

If you base your decision on where to live on what faceless strangers on an Internet forum have told you then i wish you the best of luck, because you'll need it.

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 am

oswaldgold wrote:If you base your decision on where to live on what faceless strangers on an Internet forum have told you then i wish you the best of luck, because you'll need it.

Grow up, you absolutely pointless attention-seeking moron.

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:27 am

still_ill wrote:
oswaldgold wrote:If you base your decision on where to live on what faceless strangers on an Internet forum have told you then i wish you the best of luck, because you'll need it.

Grow up, you absolutely pointless attention-seeking moron.

i'm not the one seeking public validation for mundane, straightforward tasks like searching a website and making a phonecall.

annie

Postby annie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:45 am

oswaldgold wrote:i'm not the one seeking public validation for mundane, straightforward tasks like searching a website and making a phonecall.

No... but you are the one who has been chastising someone asking some perfectly innocent questions for the past week.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:49 pm

i'm just not a fan of procrastination, so offered some straightforward advice.

Return to “Discussions”