Portuguese

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Stevieboy

Portuguese

Postby Stevieboy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 am

Has anyone been to the new Portuguese restaurant yet? If so, what did you think?
Thinking of going over the BH weekend.

Sarah_B

Re: Portuguese

Postby Sarah_B » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:41 pm

I haven't been however from reading the Facebook replies to this new restaurant by the owner you can tell the new owners really want to make a success of it.

If nobody replies on here before the weekend then in my opinion you should still go there. If there is something not to your liking when you go there, the impression I have is just speak up and I'm sure they'll do their best to accommodate your request.

If/when you do go please post back on here.

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Where is this? I've missed this one!

Stevieboy

Postby Stevieboy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 am

t0ria wrote:Where is this? I've missed this one!

Used to be Mezza Luna
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lusit ... fref=photo

aroundM21

Postby aroundM21 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 am

Went last night.
Gorgeous food - the tastiest tapas ! Meats, fish & veg selections. Can choose to order as tapas or starter and main portions. From 7.30-8pm it filled up nicely. Inside is pretty much as Metzaluna left it but painted brighter.

Here's a tip and somewhat a secret. Until 7pm the Tapas are 3 for £10 which is great value and perfect size for one adult.
He confirmed they are the same size as those in the menu individually priced £4-5.90, or 5 for £25.
At a fiver each I'd probably feel some were worth it and some a bit pricy. But 3 for £10 is simply great.

Oh and the Portgugese beer on draft was good too - quite dry so good to eat with.

Shall return and recommend. Now can someone please open a new New Mai Wah ....

Stevieboy

Postby Stevieboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Yes we were there too. The suckling pig was great. Not able to pay on card yet but hopefully that's a minor glich soon to be fixed.
Draught Portuguese lager was good! It's not cheap with the 'good' mains around £15 but the one of our party had the Tofu stew which was £11 (I think) and that looked great too.
The downside for me were the chairs... they are the same as Mezzaluna (as per aroundM21) and I always seem to get the one with the springs that go where they shouldn't :D

richardfrosty

Postby richardfrosty » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:14 pm

I went to Lusitano last night.

On the whole, I thought it was a good restaurant. The mains are a bit pricier than your average Chorlton restaurant (over £10 I think) and so are the tapas (around £4-£7 per dish). If you don't mind eating early, definitely go for the 3 tapas for £10 offer as that's a great deal. The offer's available every day as long as you order before 7pm (we had to ask the waiter for the menu as it wasn't on display) and there are about 24 dishes to choose from (3 dishes each is a good-sized meal for one).

Also the restaurant's colourful, nicely busy without being crowded (on a Saturday night anyway), the service was (very) friendly and the traditional Portuguese and Spanish music actually fits the restaurant.

My one criticism is that the food didn't blow me away. There's a lot of crossover between the tapas at Lusitano and Juan Sanchez (the Spanish restaurant on Barlow Moor Road) and, in general, the ones at Juan Sanchez seemed to have slightly more flavour.

But there are lots of other tapas at Lusitano we didn't try, so maybe they're tastier. And the mains, while more expensive, did look very interesting.
Check out my website: Richard Frost - Chorlton
Follow me on Twitter: Richard Frost - Twitter
Add me on LinkedIn: Richard Frost - LinkedIn

Return to “Discussions”