How is the Gym in Chorltons Leisure Centre?

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Chudboy

How is the Gym in Chorltons Leisure Centre?

Postby Chudboy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

I'm thinking of joining a local gym. Now I'm around a 5 minutes walk from Longfords Gym, so just trying to compare the one in the Leisure Centre (only pro there, is that it has a swimming pool).

I've never thought the leisure centre would be big enough to host a decent gym and swimming pool though. So which is best? Has anyone been to both gyms?

still_ill

Re: How is the Gym in Chorltons Leisure Centre?

Postby still_ill » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:04 am

It's modern and well fitted out, but quite small. It used to be one small room but they extended into some storage areas about five years back and had a refit. There's one about half-a-dozen treadmills, a few cross-trainers, a couple of rowing machines, and about half-a-dozen weights machines, plus a small matted area at the back.

They do circuit classes in a seperate hall most evenings, and if you have the full membership you can go to those for free. They have badminton courts at the back, and sometimes set up more in the same hall, which can also be hired as a five-a-side football or basketball court. There's quite a big pool but it's very old, and a small sauna which is also a bit grotty. The changing rooms are pretty grim.

I should add that i've not been for about eighteen months, they might have modernised parts of it, but probably unlikely. I've not been to the one at Longford Park, or Stretford Leisure Centre, but have known several people who travel to either rather than use Chorlton, but it's...fine.

StePee

Re: How is the Gym in Chorltons Leisure Centre?

Postby StePee » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:06 pm

...and our local council are planning to close it next year.

Return to “Discussions”