pop up shop/stall in Chorlton

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
ania

pop up shop/stall in Chorlton

Postby ania » Sat May 24, 2014 4:14 pm

Hello,
Is there any festival in Chorlton where small businesses can rent a stall?
Is the Beech Rd festival still going on ? Could not find any news online regarding it.

I am running a small online shop with vintage inspired items and I am looking at a stalls or pop up shops , so far unsuccessfully.
Unfortunately a lot of vintage festivals are very sensitive when it comes to vintage inspired and won't let us get a stall.

This is the web link If you'd like to have a look. http://riversandroads.co.uk/

:)

stephennewton

Re: pop up shop/stall in Chorlton

Postby stephennewton » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Sadly, the Beech Road Festival was a victim of its own success and became too big for its organisers to handle. The last one was held on a rare warm and sunny day, became overcrowded and descended into ugliness towards the end.

I guess you've tried the Horse & Jockey and Beech Inn, which do stuff you might fit in with.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Isn't there some family fun day around Beech Road/Chorlton Green though? I think it's in July.

annie

Postby annie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:47 am

stephennewton wrote:... became overcrowded and descended into ugliness towards the end.

For 'ugliness', read 'stupid little teenage wankers'... overrunning the park like a load of feral rats.

Beech Road was the only festival I actually enjoyed...

Most of the others are too arty-farty/vegan/green/twatty
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Most of the others are too arty-farty / vegan / green / twatty [/quote]

Spot on, well said.. :D

ania

Postby ania » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Thank you.
I will have a look into it.
I know some of those fairs are very sensitive about vintage inspired , rather than vintage stuff :)

Ania

shirederby

Postby shirederby » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

went to beech road today and unfortunately the day has become arty-farty/vegan/green/twatty

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:06 pm

went to Beech Road today and fortunately the sun was out and they allowed you to drink outside on Beech Road and the Green ....

music was playing, great atmosphere and met up with lots of my friends .... had a great time ....

annie

Postby annie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Was at Horse and Jockey last night. Far too depressing. TWO bouncers on the door... chased inside before 11pm (apparently Chorlton Green has been overpopulated by noise nazis (which you'd expect if the houses cost close to a million each)... so severe noise control laws now exist)

The Green totally empty, where in years gone by, on such a lovely evening, it would be full of peaceful people enjoying a tipple and the general atmosphere.

Now today, the castrated ex-Beech Road festival took place... very family-friendly, they're keen to say...

What a damn, damn shame. Beech Road/Green is now Tosserville.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:50 pm

beech rd has been tosserville for nearly a decade if we're being really honest.

it's just bbc tosserville now.

Return to “Discussions”