Mobile phone reception in the H&J

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Sarah_B

Mobile phone reception in the H&J

Postby Sarah_B » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:37 pm

For as long as I can remember (at least 18 years) the mobile phone reception in the Horse and Jockey has been truly atrocious.

I went to the Food Festival that was on a week last Saturday and in order to text (and to receive texts) I had to go outside - very frustrating and even more so in the rain. I never have this problem anywhere else in Manchester.

I'm with Vodafone and their coverage is usually excellent. I just wondered if anybody else had noticed this problem in the Horse and Jockey?

gitface

Re: Mobile phone reception in the H&J

Postby gitface » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:30 pm

There always seemed to be a black hole of zero Vodafone reception in a triangle between the Trev, the Whore and my old house off Ivy Green Road. I got an SMS from them a week or so ago apologising for any disruption while they put up new cells in the area. Maybe it'll improve. Probably not...

FurFoxAche

Re: Mobile phone reception in the H&J

Postby FurFoxAche » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:52 pm

I always put it down to the construction of the three pubs there (Lead in the windows, thicker walls etc etc).

Return to “Discussions”