Local Drama - Design for Living

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Chorlton Players

Local Drama - Design for Living

Postby Chorlton Players » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 am

Chorlton Players’ 50th Anniversary Season ends with Noel Coward’s Design for Living.

‘The actual facts are so simple. I love you. You love me. You love Otto. I love Otto. Otto loves you. Otto loves me. There now! Start to unravel from there.’

Design for Living is a wickedly witty dark romantic comedy by Noel Coward. Coward refused to allow the play to be performed in the UK for seven years after he initially wrote it for fear of the controversy it might cause. This provocative play portrays three amoral, glib and stylish characters and their hopelessly inescapable, if also unconventional, emotional entanglement.

From 1930s bohemian Paris to the dizzying heights of Manhattan society, a tempestuous love triangle unravels between a vivacious interior designer, Gilda, playwright Leo and artist Otto – three people unashamedly and passionately in love with each other. They are trapped in what Coward called ‘a three-sided erotic hodge podge.’

Advance tickets available online at http://www.chorltonplayers.com with any remaining tickets available on the door.

Design for Living Poster3.jpg
Design for Living Poster3.jpg (152.78 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

Chorlton Players

Re: Local Drama - Design for Living

Postby Chorlton Players » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Roll up roll up, opening night of the final production in our 50th anniversary season is upon us, and what a season it has been:
We started last August with Tom Stoppard's After Magritte and The Real Inspector Hound; October saw Frankenstein breath new life into his creature; In January Dorothy went from Kansas to the Merry old land of Oz with the Scarecrow, the Tiin man and of course the cowardly Lion and in March we took you to New Orleans to ride a Streetcar Named Desire.
Design for Living will take us from 1930s bohemian Paris to the dizzying heights of Manhattan society. This is a show not be missed and a fitting finale to our 50th anniversary. Advance tickets available online at www.chorltonplayers.com until 5pm on the day of each performance with any remaining tickets available on the door. We hope to see you there

Sarah_B

Postby Sarah_B » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:43 pm

I have a ticket and am looking forward to seeing this tonight.

Remind me please ... you are in St Werburgh's church hall aren't you? Which is on the corner of Wilbraham and St Werburgh's Road?

Thank you

Chorlton Players

Postby Chorlton Players » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Tha's correct Sarah. We are in the actual hall which is on St Werburgh's road and not the church which is on Wilbraham road.
Hope you enjoy the show!

Return to “Discussions”