Arian

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
t0ria

Arian

Postby t0ria » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm

I love Arian, the food is fantastic and way better than the other middle eastern type places in Chorlton (Including Turkish Delight, which I always think is a bit average and too expensive) (Is Iran middle eastern? I don't know!). The guy who runs it is really lovely. I think his business is struggling, he has had to lay off his waitress and is doing everything himself, and last night he had no customers in at all and closed early. We've suggested to him he should have some outside space and that would get more people in in the summer but he says he can't afford it.

Anyhoo, as a regular customer who doesn't want to see her favourite restaurant close down, I thought I'd give it a little plug. Iranian food really is lovely and it's BYO so cheap too. Please go there!

lister

Re: Arian

Postby lister » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Haven't been for ages, but I do remember it being very nice, shame to hear it's not doing well, I'll have to pay it a visit soon.

alr1970

Postby alr1970 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:14 pm

I've never heard of it before, where is it?

aroundM21

Postby aroundM21 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Agree - great restaurant. Happy to bring forward our return visit :)

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:22 pm

alr1970 wrote:I've never heard of it before, where is it?

Opposite the bus station, next door to the Spoon

t0ria

Postby t0ria » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:04 pm

We went in last night and I'm pleased to say it was a little bit busier, but the good news is that the owner's wife was there very proudly showing off the Tripadvisor certificate of excellence which they have just been awarded. For some reason they don't show up as a Chorlton restaurarnt on there but they have scored 4.5 out of 5. There is one terrible review on there which looks like either someone with a grudge or who has problems with their palate.

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 pm

I can see them showing up as a Chorlton restaurant, in fact they seem to be the top rated restaurant in Chorlton. Though, Saray is not showing up as a Chorlton restaurant and that is ranked much higher. I've been there, and it's merely ok. I really don't understand how tripadvisor works sometimes.

Return to “Discussions”