No more Hardy Farm

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
gitface

No more Hardy Farm

Postby gitface » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 am

This planning application went in a while ago. Doesn't look like too much of a worry to me, but there was some chatter on Facebook about ownership of the meadows. I'd assumed it was publicly owned, but apparently not...

annie

Re: No more Hardy Farm

Postby annie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:03 am

They're talking about knocking down the student flats and building houses . Nothing about building elsewhere, such as the fields.

Fair enough, IMHO.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Bruce R

Postby Bruce R » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm not necessarily against but wonder about the impact of 23 3 storey houses in a small area - unless they have acquired more land surrounding. Unfortunately when I tried to look at the map on the council site, I got an error message not a map so it's difficult to tell. BTW, the football club are also redeveloping the old pavilion which is fair enough.

The land belonged to Manchester University from the 70s on. I imagine they have sold it to a developer as they sold the meadows to the football club a few years ago.

shirederby

Postby shirederby » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 pm

about 24 month ago I received a letter with a planning application number which was about an application to knock down the changing rooms facing the student accommodation and a respite home for recovering drug addicts and alcholics by a charity who had bought the area but I never heard anything again does anyone know where its up to

annie

Postby annie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Bruce R wrote:I'm not necessarily against but wonder about the impact of 23 3 storey houses in a small area - unless they have acquired more land surrounding. Unfortunately when I tried to look at the map on the council site, I got an error message not a map so it's difficult to tell. BTW, the football club are also redeveloping the old pavilion which is fair enough.

The land belonged to Manchester University from the 70s on. I imagine they have sold it to a developer as they sold the meadows to the football club a few years ago.

I expect they'll be the usual shoebox-style tall houses, in which case the existing student flats site is plenty big enough...
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Bruce R

Postby Bruce R » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 pm

Just had a look at the plans. Looks like they are going to get 23 homes onto the site without extending onto the meadows. I expect it will be rather less idyllic than in the artist's impressions of children p[laying on a bezutiful grassed yard in the middle of the site and the architecture is depressingly similar to that of the student flats i.e. little square boxes. There doesn't seem to be a car park but I suppose it'll happen as there doesn't seem to be much reason to object.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Pretty much what I guessed. Families instead of students?

No brainer.

Return to “Discussions”