Dogs in Beech Road Park

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
woof, woof

Dogs in Beech Road Park

Postby woof, woof » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:12 am

Am I the only one who has noticed a huge increase in the "dog traffic" through Beech Road Park during the last 12 months. All I can hear from 7am to 10pm at night is dogs barking and it seems to be the same ones who are regularily using the park, which seems to have become a dog pound. I dont even live directly next to it, so I feel sorry for those that do and have to endure this selfish behaviour.
Is it not bad enough that I have to walk my daughter to school, carefully avoiding the urine and dog faeces along the way and when I go down the meadows observe the beautiful sight of dog faeces carefully bagged up and hung from the trees.
At least I am reassured by these owners when their muts approach my 5 year old daughter that their dogs are friendly and wont bite her, WOW, I am so pleased!!!!!!

munchkin

Re: Dogs in Beech Road Park

Postby munchkin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes, its pretty unpleasant and very frightening for a small child.

I have taken to carrying a gun with me , pointing at the dog and then shooting them. You should see the look on the owners faces when I apologise to them saying I didn't realise it was loaded...

ElevenEleven

Postby ElevenEleven » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:16 am

woof, woof wrote:Is it not bad enough that I have to walk my daughter to school, carefully avoiding the urine and dog faeces along the way and when I go down the meadows observe the beautiful sight of dog faeces carefully bagged up and hung from the trees.

I understand that yes this is very annoying and irresponsible. However, most dog owners like myself ALWAYS pick up after their dog and I also used to make sure that I didn't take any toys with me on a morning walk so my dog wouldn't bark when he was playing. I say used to because I no longer live in Chorlton. The community of dog owners on the park are some of the loveliest people I have met and as such have become good friends with quite a few of them and stay in touch.

To say that all dog owners are using selfish behaviour for walking their dogs on the park is really childish, immature and downright stupid. There are selfish idiots in every demographic of life so please stop trying to label all dog owners as idiots.

I completely agree with you that the dog owners who leave dog mess on the floor and leave poo bags hanging in trees really are morons. However I can vouch for the ones I know on Beech Road park who would never knowingly do any of this.

lister

Postby lister » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:15 am

What's the reason behind the bags in trees?

ElevenEleven

Postby ElevenEleven » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:30 pm

munchkin wrote:I have taken to carrying a gun with me , pointing at the dog and then shooting them. You should see the look on the owners faces when I apologise to them saying I didn't realise it was loaded...

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Why do you want to try and create some kind of hate towards 'them', meaning dog owners like me??? We're not bloody terrorists you know, just normal people who have dogs in our lives and very much enjoy having a dog.

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:49 pm

ElevenEleven wrote:
munchkin wrote:I have taken to carrying a gun with me , pointing at the dog and then shooting them. You should see the look on the owners faces when I apologise to them saying I didn't realise it was loaded...

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.

I take it you never re-read your own posts?

ElevenEleven wrote:The absolute truth about Chorlton is it's overrun by opportunist scumbags and until something is done about it, it will continue to get worse.

I thought it was fairly obvious that my comment was meant to be an ironic reflection on some dog owners attitudes . Viz their complete lack of willingness to control their animals to the detriment of others. My son was knocked over by a dog that was taller than him and the owner came up to me while he was crying and said...yes, you've guessed it... "he was only trying to be friendly". I would have punched him but I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of my family. I think I would crap myself if a dog measuring 6ft at the shoulder jumped up at my face and knocked me over - I don't blame my son for crying.

And yes, some parents are irresponsible too and I would also condemn them if their children were doing something to frighten or hurt others and they did nothing to stop it.

however I probably didn't explain it clearly enough...

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:00 pm

What's the reason behind the bags in trees?

http://collidgeofnollidge.blogspot.co.u ... nkers.html

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

lister wrote:What's the reason behind the bags in trees?

I once heard an explanation for this on the radio. It's owners who are on an out-and-back walk, so they don't have to carry it with them and can pick it up on the way back. One of the callers said this, but admitted that she sometimes varied her route and came back a different way, forgetting about the little bag. She thought this was amusing.

Rossington III

Postby Rossington III » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 pm

i'm a dog owner and i occasionally place a bag by the side of the path and pick it up on my way back in. This is a rarity (very rare!) as my dogs normally shit near the start of the walk when we are still near bins. but out beyond the reach of the bins a bag hanging or placed on the side is normally a walker who will pick up on the way back. I also pick up, as do others i know, those bags waiting to be returned to civilization by other dog walker. on 2 occasions in stockport, where i now live, i was returning to my bag and found it picked up by someone else. Happy days, great people dog walkers.

Rossington III

Postby Rossington III » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:04 pm

i'm a little suspicious of knackered ripped bags higher up or deeper in to trees, those i suspect are chucked into folliage only to be revealed when leaves drop. but still, majority of dog owners pick up theirs 99% of the time. And when i suspect i have accidentally missed one of mine, i pick up another to balance it out.

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Any chance that the dogs could attack, or even savage, the gangs of yoofs that Chorlton Facebook group has been continually complaining about recently?

And I thought well-trained dogs were meant to be trained to bury their own muck?

ash pole

Postby ash pole » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:41 am

Rossington III wrote: but still, majority of dog owners pick up theirs 99% of the time.

And here lies the problem. Until it's every owner and 100% of the time then there are going to be dozens of bags of filth littering the Meadows as there are now.

CharlieB

Postby CharlieB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:29 am

You'd think that dogs, being trainable and all that, could be just trained to shit in their owner's garden.

Dog nappies would also be an option. Messy of course, but solely the problem of the dog owner, not the rest of us.

I've got nothing against dogs, I love them. They're beautiful animals.

But I also run a football team that plays in Chorlton park and every second Sunday morning between August and May, I have to pick up dog muck. Always at least three, but I think my record was nine. It's a hideous job and I feel like i'm going to turn into The Hulk when i'm doing it. I've missed a couple now and again and had the great pleasure of having the referee stop the game, so I can come on with a couple of pieces of cardboard to rectify the situation.

Working on the premise that that's one football pitch in a fairly large park, I imagine that there are 200 of these undiscovered treasures lying about Chorlton Park at any one time. I can't believe that constitutes 1 percent of how much canine-mud is being pumped in total.

Going by what I see, dog owners break down in to the following groups.

1. Absolutely always pick it up. Unfailingly dilligent about getting every scrap.
2. Very dilligent but might get a bit distracted and not notice the occasional one.
3. Most of the time, but i'm not following the dog round like Columbo, just to make sure.
4. I will if i've got a bag, but no big deal either way.
5. I won't bother my arse, unless it's clear i've been rumbled, then i'll pretend I was going to do it all along.
6. Flat refusal. In fact, if at all possible, i'll get him to curl one out right by the dog poo bin.

Group 1, carry on, your community salutes you.
Groups 2-4, dog nappies for you.
Groups 5 and 6, you're not allowed to have a dog.

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Facts:

Cats poo where they like, but usually off the beaten track, and they try to bury it.

Dogs poo where their owners let them, and walk off, leaving a steaming pile of vomit-inducing, infected muck.

Saw a couple of pricks letting their dog shit on the grass verge in Moss Side, and walking on.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

woof, woof

Postby woof, woof » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 am

Yes Im sure eleven eleven you have met some lovely people people in beech road park, while you stand idly around and your dogs gayly charge round yapping away. It would just be nice if you showed some consideration to people who live in the neighbouring vacinity. How would you like it if I turned up on your front garden every day and chained up a few dogs to bark away the day? You are imposing your dogs on other people and yes that is selfish. If you feel the need to possess an animal that could be a nuisance to others, then other owners should follow your lead and "move away", maybe to the country where there is more room.

Return to “Discussions”