Dogs in Beech Road Park

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
blenkinsop

Re: Dogs in Beech Road Park

Postby blenkinsop » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:59 pm

There are signs at the Cross Road / Beech Road entrance to the park, one of which says DOG FREE ZONE, the other sign refers to DOG CONTROL ORDERS. They do appear contradictory.

What is clear though, is the smug, 'entitled' attitude of some dog owners. All of whom, are to some degree, in denial.

My kids always referred to this park, as the Poo Park, for obvious reasons. This tiny park has been treated like a Cess Pit for years, by 'Dog Walkers' - which btw is a euphemism for 'I'm taking my dog out for a crap'.

Hence my family and many others, have been forced to avoid Beech Road Park.

P.S. Boxers are not aggressive dogs, despite their appearance. They are soft, friendly and loyal, but can be excellent family protectors.

scottie

Postby scottie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 pm

blenkinsop wrote:There are signs at the Cross Road / Beech Road entrance to the park, one of which says DOG FREE ZONE, the other sign refers to DOG CONTROL ORDERS. They do appear contradictory.

What is clear though, is the smug, 'entitled' attitude of some dog owners. All of whom, are to some degree, in denial.

My kids always referred to this park, as the Poo Park, for obvious reasons. This tiny park has been treated like a Cess Pit for years, by 'Dog Walkers' - which btw is a euphemism for 'I'm taking my dog out for a crap'.

Hence my family and many others, have been forced to avoid Beech Road Park.

P.S. Boxers are not aggressive dogs, despite their appearance. They are soft, friendly and loyal, but can be excellent family protectors.

I've never noticed a smug, 'entitled' attitude amongst Chorlton parents I must say....
I would agree with your sentiments about Boxers generally, however the two owned by the chip shop owner when I've seen them have looked unnaturally aggressive, (snarling, pulling at the lead etc) perhaps a reflection of the owner.

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm not sure that dog owners should be compared to parents. Perhaps this illustrates the inflated perception that some dog owners have, of themselves.

scottie

Postby scottie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:14 pm

blenkinsop wrote:I'm not sure that dog owners should be compared to parents. Perhaps this illustrates the inflated perception that some dog owners have, of themselves.

I don't think I was, I was just stating the fact that parents can also have a 'smug, 'entitled' (and might I add superior) 'attitude' which you've just illustrated perfectly.

simmy

Postby simmy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Why wouldn't dog owners be compared to parents? Some are responsible, considerate and caring; others aren't. You do have an initial outlay for a dog though - which may put off some of the more irresponsible owners - unlike having a child which requires no upfront payment.

Return to “Discussions”