Dogs in Beech Road Park

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
FurFoxAche

Re: Dogs in Beech Road Park

Postby FurFoxAche » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Annie, have a snickers.

scottie

Postby scottie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:27 pm

annie wrote:Do you get your ripostes from the Oxford Dictionary of Tired Old Chestnuts too?

I bet you're thick enough to want the last word too.

Oh dear, it took you a few hours and still no better?
Intelligence comes in many forms. Having social intelligence and being mature enough to see someone else's view point may have some merit over your own well worn prejudices is indeed a a form of intelligence Annie but as you don't have that I believe you may be the 'thick' one as you say.
I don't think I'll have the last word as I guess you'll angrily and bitterly try to respond yet again...yawn.
I think a dog may help with your anger issues, they've very calming you know :D

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm

scottie wrote:
annie wrote:Do you get your ripostes from the Oxford Dictionary of Tired Old Chestnuts too?

I was right. You are. Expected it.

Time for bed Gracie.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:35 pm

FurFoxAche wrote:Annie, have a snickers.

Zip it, shrimpie
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

scottie

Postby scottie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:53 pm

annie wrote:
scottie wrote:

I was right. You are. Expected it.

Time for bed Gracie.

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm

:lol:

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Very accurate. Spot on :D

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

According to the Council, DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED in Beech Road Park. All transgressors can expect a call from the appropriate authorities (Dog Catchers?), as I am forwarding this thread to the DOGS NOT ALLOWED enforcement squad in Albert Square. You dirty f***ing tw**s. :mrgreen:

annie

Postby annie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm

blenkinsop wrote:According to the Council, DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED in Beech Road Park. All transgressors can expect a call from the appropriate authorities (Dog Catchers?), as I am forwarding this thread to the DOGS NOT ALLOWED enforcement squad in Albert Square. You dirty f***ing tw**s. :mrgreen:

blenkinsop's right, y'know.

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/directory_record/89175/beech_road_park/category/301/all_parks_playgrounds_and_open_spaces

I should have used that as a more concrete argument for my anti-dog rant. I stand humbled.

gitface

Postby gitface » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 am

I'd have thought that the website's meaning was that dogs are not allowed in the childrens' play area or games area. Why would the council install dung bins if dogs weren't allowed at all?

scottie

Postby scottie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:47 am

gitface wrote:I'd have thought that the website's meaning was that dogs are not allowed in the childrens' play area or games area. Why would the council install dung bins if dogs weren't allowed at all?

I was going to point that glaringly obvious point but it was so obvious I thought they were joking.
No dogs are allowed in the fenced off children's play area. They should ban kids from the dogs area. :wink:
The Irish dog owner was out in force this morning picking up every single bit of litter as usual

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:14 pm

scottie wrote:No dogs are allowed in the fenced off children's play area. They should ban kids from the dogs area

I think we had a conversation about this before but I reckon that's a good idea. If there was any area reserved for dogs in the park then I certainly wouldn't want to take my kids into it and I probably wouldn't be the only one. How about that corner that is served by the gate off Wilton road ? That way the dogs/owners could be totally segregated from everyone else. I imagine we would probably disagree about the size of the dog area vs the size of the non dog area but i like the principle.

scottie

Postby scottie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:40 pm

munchkin wrote:
scottie wrote:No dogs are allowed in the fenced off children's play area. They should ban kids from the dogs area

I think we had a conversation about this before but I reckon that's a good idea. If there was any area reserved for dogs in the park then I certainly wouldn't want to take my kids into it and I probably wouldn't be the only one. How about that corner that is served by the gate off Wilton road ? That way the dogs/owners could be totally segregated from everyone else. I imagine we would probably disagree about the size of the dog area vs the size of the non dog area but i like the principle.

Well the way it is now works. Everyone can use the main part and only kids are allowed in the fenced off play area/basketball/football pitch.
In my experience you very often have kids in both areas (especially when it's sunny) but they can choose as there's plenty of room in both. (I was only joking about banning kids, it works fine in practice).
Even if there was a will to change how things are now by the majority (and there isn't) there are no funds to change anything or re-fence it anyway since the Tory cuts.

munchkin

Postby munchkin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:01 pm

That's not what I meant. I would like to see dogs kept on leads in any public areas and only allowed off in designated 'dog parks'. A bit like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_park

I agree though, irrespective of ones opinion of the desirability of such a thing, the chances of getting funding are probably minimal.

scottie

Postby scottie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:23 pm

munchkin wrote:That's not what I meant. I would like to see dogs kept on leads in any public areas and only allowed off in designated 'dog parks'. A bit like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_park

I agree though, irrespective of ones opinion of the desirability of such a thing, the chances of getting funding are probably minimal.

I believe that in most other public parks in Manchester, (Wythenshawe for instance) dogs are not allowed off the lead in the majority of areas. Of course this is never actually policed.
In our park (generally), people tend to be a little more considerate and responsible with less scary/aggressive dogs.
But as you say there are no funds and if there were to be a rule like this, there certainly wouldn't be the funding or the will to enforce it. The dog control orders (certainly in Chorlton Waterpark) I've never heard of ever being enforced, there's just nobody about or anyone paid to do that.
I'd like to see a reintroduction of dog licences (but this would never happen as it would cost) where you'd have to prove you could look after a dog properly (as many rescue charities insist on).

Return to “Discussions”