The Horse and Jockey

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
provispossie

The Horse and Jockey

Postby provispossie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:34 pm

Is there life on Saturday afternoons outside the Horse and Jockey? My friends and I have recently been finding ourselves in there rather too much and would be very interested in other suggestions!!!

Dianne

Postby Dianne » Wed May 03, 2006 1:22 am

Aah! The Horse & Jockey. Brings back fond memories for me. It was the first pub I ever drunk in at the tender age of 16 (1978 but I'm still only 21 - I know but miracles do happen especially when there's a 'Transform clinic' at the end of your road :lol: ) when I first moved to Manchester. Not been in for years now, what's it like? The last time I was in (about 10 years ago) it appeared a bit smelly and sad.

provispossie

H + J

Postby provispossie » Wed May 03, 2006 11:04 am

Yeah a bit smelly and sad sums it up pretty well, what I like about it is it's really friendly and having recently moved to Manc that's a very gud thing! Usually 4 of us go in and by the end of the evening we usually have a couple of extra "hangers on" to hit the town with. They're all about our age as well or somewhere between it (21 and 24.)

The Sunday evening quiz is a good laugh as well although haven't managed to get seats yet! The land lady proudly told me they now have a new hand drier in the loos aft 6 mnths of brokeness which kinda sums it up, I like it tho, just peer pressure means I spend too much time there...

Dianne

Postby Dianne » Wed May 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I once appreared (i.e. had no choice, it was my job and it was in a former life) in the H&J in my "Playboy Bunny" outfit to smash one of those big bottles of change for 'charidee :D That was a joy to behold - NOT!

Oh how the 'old crowd' laughed :oops:

Local Celebrity

Postby Local Celebrity » Fri May 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Sounds like a great idea for your avatar photo, Dianne.

Louise

Postby Louise » Fri May 05, 2006 1:48 pm

I wouldnt advise it Di, this place is crawling with stalkers

Paula Pickle

Postby Paula Pickle » Fri May 05, 2006 7:40 pm

( that's why Louise walks around in her horse collar, green hair and no teef.)

Louise

Postby Louise » Sat May 06, 2006 1:33 pm

You are right Paula, my last pic caused way too much trouble

Return to “Discussions”