Mono (Wilbraham Road)

the place on the chorlton bulletin board for vegetable-spread related chatter and other matters...it's the first, the best and it's currently hack free.
Sarah_B

Mono (Wilbraham Road)

Postby Sarah_B » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:25 pm

I stumbled across Mono online ... I'd never heard of the place until recently. I think it's opposite Morrisons.

What I read said Mono was showing Robin Williams' films. Is this a bar which also shows films?

Anyone been in? What's it like?

Thank you

andy_landy

Re: Mono (Wilbraham Road)

Postby andy_landy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:25 am

they have a screen set up in the room downstairs - they were showing the world cup games down there the other month, so i assume it is the same setup. there are also a few gigs coming up downstairs, and i think a semi-regular poetry open mic event downstairs. with semi-regular music open nights in the bar upstairs. and a couple dj's on occasional nights upstairs. pretty decent coffee too, though that's more of a daytime thing :)

annie

Postby annie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 am

Depends if you like very tiny, very hot, very noisy bars, I guess.
One must always be wary of the march of the right-wing. I advocate public flogging/confiscation of assets/rehoming of their young

Richard_H

Postby Richard_H » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm

And if you consider £3.80 to be a fair price for a pint of hand-pulled beer...

oswaldgold

Postby oswaldgold » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:24 pm

they've done a really good job with the whole public toilet theme as well, unusual for a bar. a bit like The Temple in town but in reverse.

richardfrosty

Postby richardfrosty » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:45 am

Not been in myself because a group of friends told me the service there was super slow.

It took them over an hour from taking lunch orders to serving apparently. Tend to go to The Bar instead.
Check out my website: Richard Frost - Chorlton
Follow me on Twitter: Richard Frost - Twitter
Add me on LinkedIn: Richard Frost - LinkedIn

still_ill

Postby still_ill » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Seems to attract a bit more of an unsavoury crowd than other local bars, even during the day. Lots of loud'uns outside, people effing and jeffing, pulling up on bikes, etc. The beer's average and overpriced, too. The Bar is a much better option, or Dulcimer, or the Marble, or Pi, or Font (except on Friday and Saturday nights when it's absolutely crammed with arseholes).

blenkinsop

Postby blenkinsop » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:23 pm

How can scuffers afford £3.80 a pint? Perhaps they bring their own beer, which as it happens, goes on in almost every pub in Chorlton (even Wetherspoons, which serve up the best quality, at a wonderful price).

pauld

Postby pauld » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:10 pm

blenkinsop wrote:How can scuffers afford £3.80 a pint? Perhaps they bring their own beer, which as it happens, goes on in almost every pub in Chorlton (even Wetherspoons, which serve up the best quality, at a wonderful price).

I used to do this but I was 14 at the time.

Return to “Discussions”